PDA

View Full Version : Did I Cheat on My Boyfriend?

throwaway
02-04-17, 06:37
Hi, Im a very anxious girl.

Ive been dating this guy for a year and a bit more, we have been doing great.
Now I was bored one afternoon and went online looking for tings to do, and I found this like online game where you make your little character and you can talk to other people, and it all seemed pretty fun at least to pass the time. People were being really weird though like hosting "strip clubs" in their houses, I thought it would be fun to just go to one and pretend to be a stripper. The characters are not even human so yeah it was just a way to kill the time. Now, a couple of guys were asking for lap dances (you would just put your character on top of them and just say *dances on lap*)
this one guy wanted one so i said oh what the hell and gave him one.
it was funny and then he said "let me take you home" and i was like oh yeah!
so I followed him t his virtual house and he for like maybe 2 minutes we talked dirty pretending to have virtual sex.

The entire time I thought it was funny and was being pretty "whatever" about my replies.

When he left I thought well that was fun and just kinda went on with my day i didn't even think about it. it was all in good fun.

Then the next day being very anxious I started to wonder if I had technically cheated on my boyfriend. I freaked out and began to cry.
How could i have done this. I never meant it sexually. it was more like "well this happened."

Anyway so I kind of sorta told my boyfriend about it. I told him like would this scenario be cheating?" and basically told hime what I did but I just added that I was younger and i was with my friend laughing at it. because thats what I was technically doing just without a friend...

and he said.

Oh yeah. no thats fine its just a online game.

then he went on to explain how if i had lets say been talking to a guy over text and was being sexual with him and playing with myself and was being really descriptive with the intent of like getting sexual satisfaction, then that would be cheating and wrong.

but isn that what I technically did?

My mind like keeps thinking that I messed up. I basically told him what I did, and he said that scenario would be fine, but then I overthink it and think that I did do something wrong.

I don't know what to think or do.

Im crying so bad over this and Im so confused.

Can I get some help please?

Clydesdale Epona
02-04-17, 08:08
I wouldn't class it as cheating myself either, there is a fine line between a game and actually flirting/talking dirty over the phone. if it was all for fun/boredom and he's fine with it then I'd say its okay and you can let it go however, seeing as its had an extremely negative effect on your wellbeing I wouldn't do it again as it'll just drive you crazy x

All the best :hugs:

Lucinda07
02-04-17, 10:03
Its not cheating. You were just having a laugh - it didn't mean anything.
Now, you are feeling a tiny bit guilty, but there's no need to. However, I would keep away from such sites as they don't help you in any way!:hugs:

Bigboyuk
02-04-17, 13:12
Same here it's not cheating but a very silly game in my book I am old school and there's too many sites/apps like this which can cause big problems. There's a app and it's abusive it's already been taken down in Ireland there are plans to ban it in the Uk too and so it should be banned basically it's a Chat Bot App and by typing in a first name or a word etc, this can then say abusive things back to the user pretty nasty if you ask me, so like the others stay away from that app personally the ppl that use them are sad in my book, Get some activities that you and your bf can enjoy together wether it be a walk or just sitting together chatting away :) Cheers

MyNameIsTerry
03-04-17, 03:39
Same here it's not cheating but a very silly game in my book I am old school and there's too many sites/apps like this which can cause big problems. There's a app and it's abusive it's already been taken down in Ireland there are plans to ban it in the Uk too and so it should be banned basically it's a Chat Bot App and by typing in a first name or a word etc, this can then say abusive things back to the user pretty nasty if you ask me, so like the others stay away from that app personally the ppl that use them are sad in my book, Get some activities that you and your bf can enjoy together wether it be a walk or just sitting together chatting away :) Cheers

Sounds like Twitter. The home of vile trolls.

OP - you did some flirting. A bit of fantasy. It's not cheating. It's guilt as already said.

Your partner's view of cheating is open to debate too.