PDA

View Full Version : New here

WAZ
02-04-17, 07:02
Hi just joined I'm 55 and have been suffering from health anxiety for as long as I can remember. My main worry has always been cancer. I've just been through 6 years of stress due to my husbands PTSD and my fathers ill health, coming up to 1 year since he passed away in a couple of weeks. I found out I have a MTHFR genes X 2 and Pyroluria which can be treated with supplements and healthy life style practices. So these are usually switched on by stress so reducing stress is important. I can't switch off though and have aged so much particularly in the last few months and that is causing me to panic, I'm seeing my wrinkles increasing before my eyes and I feel panicked by it wondering why it's happening so fast, what is happening inside my body and wondering how I stop it, thinking by the end of the year I'll look like a haggard old lady. I focus on this all day every day. I feel like I'm in a panic and fearful all the time. If I wasn't worrying about this it would be something else but I'm not imagining how I look..I'm embarrassed admitting to this because so many people are going through serious illnesses. I just want to be able to let it all go.

venusbluejeans
02-04-17, 07:08
Hiya WAZ and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

WAZ
02-04-17, 07:10
Thankyou I'm sure I'll get comfort from this site.

Cakelady
02-04-17, 15:59
Hi, Waz! xx

WAZ
02-04-17, 23:50
Hi Cakelady....thanks😊