PDA

View Full Version : Can't break this circle

Bakebeansrule
02-04-17, 17:09
I'm still struggling with my health anxiety. I'm convincing myself I now have a) a hiatus hernia b) gallstones (I've already had my gallbladder removed so know this pain is dreadful) or c) some kind of stomach tumor/cancer. In the last year and a bit I've diagnosed myself with so much and I've had none of it so why can't I get my head around this?!.

Yesterday I took my daughter shopping and had a panic attack in the Disney store (the same Disney store I had a panic attack in a few months ago when I was in the middle of a brain tumor spiral which was an inner ear infection) I'm so annoyed I'm still on this.

This chest "pain"/ discomfort has been lingering for a few weeks now and I've seen my dr twice and she thinks it's muscle tension due to anxiety which makes sense as I'm wound up like a spring. I've also associated the discomfort feeling with food so now I'm worried every time I eat I'm gonna be in agony after. It happened once about 6 weeks ago after a very rich roast beef dinner.

I have an ache that goes across my back and down the right side of my ribs feel tender to touch. I've been here saying this for a while now but I'm not sure where to go next. My dr said its best not to go back onto my sertraline until I'm having 4 or 5 constant bad days a week but the feeling come and go every day some worse than others. She has t mentioned cbt so maybe she thinks that won't help? I don't want to keep going back to her and wasting her time over what she thinks is a pulled muscle.

I also hate my job I've recently transferred and I'm with people I don't get on with feeling like I'm constantly trying to keep everyone happy so I'm left alone I'm dreading tomorrow morning

Cakelady
02-04-17, 22:12
Sorry to hear you are struggling. I think cbt could help ( I had a useful appt with mental health nurse on fri& she insisted a mix of medication & cbt could be very helpful for my anxiety) could you ask to be referred to get therapy ? Sounds like you need something to help you.
Hope tomorrow goes ok, it can be difficult dealing with problems on top of anxiety. Very best wishes xx

Bakebeansrule
04-04-17, 17:42
Thank you for replying I've tried to keep off here Incase it wasn't helping with my anxiety. Yesterday wasn't too bad I actually had an ok day in myself today has been another matter after lunch I had awful pain in my shoulders and front of my chest it seems to have gone since I've been home I just feel a bit tender now. I'm thinking of going back to see my dr to ask her bout cbt, sounds daft but when I get in there I forget. I'm so worried it could be something other than anxiety. 5 years ago I was told my chest pains were anxiety and they turned out to be gallstones so I'm worried this is being overlooked again