PDA

View Full Version : When anxiety becomes so old you begin to laugh @ yourself....

Stressed32
02-04-17, 17:47
I am 39 years old. I was 32 when I began to suffer from Health Anxiety after the grueling loss of a baby. It was then in that moment that I began to not trust my body. After that, I had Aids for about 2 years...and that is how I came to Google. Once I had my daughter, it continued but w different diseases bc I had 3 HIV tests done in my pregnancy w her- so couldn't worry there anymore.

For about 5 years now I have had Cancer- in every part of my body- and in many places more than once. I am currently suffering from my 4th brain tumor and have graduated to the point of not even having symptoms- I have no headaches ect. I had my eyes checked in Nov in a comprehensive eye exam and all was perfect. But- I have a bran tumor none the less. I am not sure if I am healing or if I have just lived w the anxiety long enough to actually be able to just laugh at myself.

I am to the point where I know the thoughts are just anxiety- they are not real- they will pass- and it is really funny when I say aloud- Hi- I have a bran tumor with no symptoms...

Just wanted to share to see if reaching this place where worry becomes so mundane that you finally say screw it and laugh out loud is part of it all....

snowghost57
02-04-17, 18:00
Congrats on you win with the battle of anxiety. I just posted my story. I can relate to laughing at anxiety. When the meds taught me that anxiety can be pushed out of my head. When a negative thought tries to worm it's way back in, I say to myself "not today little brain we are not going down that road." I know it will be a battle but it is one that I intend to win. I will remember your post, that my thoughts are anxiety and are not real and they will pass. I'm in Virginia in the states. Nice to meet you!

Scotttt
02-04-17, 19:22
I always find it funny how I can completely forget about a worry that totally consumed me when I find something new to worry about. I can miraculously recover from "terminal cancer" that I have worried about for months when I notice a strange muscle twitch.

I have found that laughing and humor can make the anxiety lessen.

Also, personifying your anxiety and giving it a ridiculous name helps too.