PDA

View Full Version : Lymph Nodes?

NM33013
02-04-17, 22:26
Is it normal to be able to feel Lymph nodes throughout the body? I can feel small ones near my armpits, down my arm, in my chest, abdomen, groin and legs. They don't feel large, but I can definitely feel them. I've read you shouldn't be able to feel them at all when they're not swollen.

DomRavioli
02-04-17, 22:33
Each person is unique and some can feel them, or structures in the same vicinity.

Fishmanpa
03-04-17, 01:03
There are 500-700 nodes in our bodies. At any given time, if you poke and prod, you will be able to feel a few.

Positive thoughts

NM33013
03-04-17, 01:58
When are they something to be concerned with?

Fishmanpa
03-04-17, 02:26
When are they something to be concerned with?

Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts.

Positive thoughts

GlassPinata
03-04-17, 02:57
Is it normal to be able to feel Lymph nodes throughout the body? I can feel small ones near my armpits, down my arm, in my chest, abdomen, groin and legs. They don't feel large, but I can definitely feel them. I've read you shouldn't be able to feel them at all when they're not swollen.

Where did you read a silly thing like that?
I imagine everyone can feel them in some places, like their neck; lymph nodes are the size of peas or pinto beans, after all. How could you not feel them, especially the ones that are right under the skin?
And depending upon how much body fat you have, yes, you can also feel them in other locations: groin, underarms.

NM33013
03-04-17, 03:38
Where did you read a silly thing like that?
I imagine everyone can feel them in some places, like their neck; lymph nodes are the size of peas or pinto beans, after all. How could you not feel them, especially the ones that are right under the skin?
And depending upon how much body fat you have, yes, you can also feel them in other locations: groin, underarms.

I don't remember where exactly I read this, but I did read it. It said if you can feel any Lymph nodes, they're enlarged. They shouldn't be felt.

Fishmanpa
03-04-17, 03:41
I don't remember where exactly I read this, but I did read it. It said if you can feel any Lymph nodes, they're enlarged. They shouldn't be felt.

Believe if you want but it's not true. You're just trying your hardest to justify your irrational fears and thoughts :(

Positive thoughts

bin tenn
03-04-17, 03:59

I don't doubt that you read it somewhere, but reading something doesn't make it true.

Thelegend27
03-04-17, 04:58
lymph nodes vary between each person, some have palpable nodes and some dont. just being able to feel a lymph node doesnt mean anything sinister is going on, when a lymph node becomes cancerous it continues to grow and get larger due to the abnormal cells growing within the node.if you have a lymph node that you noticed lets say 6 months ago as i have and it hasnt changed much at all particularly the size as in getting bigger than its not likely to be anything serious, aslong as the lymph node is less than 2 cm i hear doctors usually wont even blink, the sizes depend on the location, some lymoh nodes are bigger than others, so most lymph nodes in the neck are around 1 cm and the ones under your jaw can be upwards of 2 cm, i have a 1.9 cm node under my jaw that checked out to be normal. so just keep an eye on them dont poke them alot and see if they grow they consider the wait and watch method which alot of doctors reccomend, so give it a few weeks or months if they start growing than you need to get them checked out. i am no doctor, so if you feel concerned you should see a real doctor.

PASchoolSyndrome
04-04-17, 03:21
Abraham Lincoln once cautioned people that they shouldn't believe everything they read on the internet.