PDA

View Full Version : Worried about weight loss

Kc413123
03-04-17, 00:28
Im quite worry about how much weight i am losing, in Dec 2016 i weighed 62kg and in 1 month dropped to 55kg i remained at this weight until last week where i have dropped to 54kg.

I am a really worried as this is a dramatic weight loss! I try to eat around 1500 Calories a day, i have cut down my exercise to 1/2 a week and i have not lost my appetite which is a saving grace.

I have recently been through alot medically and had one cancer scare which turned out to be nothing. I went to the Drs a month ago with a persistent cough and prolonged lymph nodes up and she has ordered a full blood count which presumably will show why there is so much weight loss- if anything is wrong. I have also been getting some night sweats.

In the mean time of waiting for results, i am panicking alot especially with this new weight loss.

Is it possible to have cancer and still have an appetite but loose so much weight?

Please help.

Emily101115
22-08-17, 15:53
Im quite worry about how much weight i am losing, in Dec 2016 i weighed 62kg and in 1 month dropped to 55kg i remained at this weight until last week where i have dropped to 54kg.

I am a really worried as this is a dramatic weight loss! I try to eat around 1500 Calories a day, i have cut down my exercise to 1/2 a week and i have not lost my appetite which is a saving grace.

I have recently been through alot medically and had one cancer scare which turned out to be nothing. I went to the Drs a month ago with a persistent cough and prolonged lymph nodes up and she has ordered a full blood count which presumably will show why there is so much weight loss- if anything is wrong. I have also been getting some night sweats.

In the mean time of waiting for results, i am panicking alot especially with this new weight loss.

Is it possible to have cancer and still have an appetite but loose so much weight?

Please help.
Hi I know your post was a couple of months ago but I am just wondering how you are now? Just I am going through the same at the moment

glorialimjyyy
23-03-18, 15:08
Hello! I too have the same issues, so i am a strict vegan, no dairy/honey/egg and completely free from meat) but u have bouts of health anxiety pretty much. And I get that kind of “c” scare everytime I Google something I notice on my body.
I was 70kg last year when I was in college, and I did not really follow up my weight Cus it always stays the same. Then 3months ago , around Nov-Dec or earlier, I noticed I have lose like 2kg? It dropped like 69-68kg. Then I was panic , but still chill. Because I read that weight fluctuates. Then recently after working in retail for about 3months plus, I checked my weight again. And it dropped to 64-65kg and I was panic shit, and I just don’t know is it due to working or some underlying illness. And my gp told me to keep an eye of my weight I f I am still worried. I am scared

anom
23-03-18, 19:25
I also have started with this (like I don't have enough to stress about)

I've had some ongoing pain and accompanying anxiety issues.

I realised about 8-9 weeks ago I needed to lose about 3-3.5 stone so I completely changed my diet.

I got a little app telling me I should eat 2500 calories a day to keep at my weight and 2100 to lose around 1lb a week. This was when I was 16.5 stone.

I would say 90% of the time I'm eating around 1400-1500 calories and occasionally I go mad and have nearly 2000.

In 8/9 weeks I've lost nearly a stone, so around 12/13lb. On paper thats probably right. 2lb a week loss for say half of them 1lb a week loss for the other...thats about 13lb.

Theres also the fact I've spent the last 2 months barely sleeping/worrying myself sick that I've got colon cancer. I'd presume all that is going to cause a good amount of weight loss, I've never been so ill/scared. But no, now I'm panicking the weight loss has nothing to do with my dietary improvements and all to do with the fact it must be colon cancer. I wouldn't mind I'm still a good amount overweight anyway!

Leslie735
06-04-18, 17:52
How are you now? I'm dealing with this right now and it's freaking me out, badly, as I have s lymph node that's up for almost 3 months now.