PDA

View Full Version : Morning

Anxious-Annie
03-04-17, 09:51
I am so pleased that I found this site!!
I suffer with health anxiety which is really starting to impact on day to day life. My current worry is my heart, which has been checked, as it doesn't feel right (but I can't explain how?). I have worried about pretty much every illness going and feel that I am now in a cycle I can't get out of. GP has prescribed Propranolol which slows my heart down nicely, also. Prescribed Sertraline which I haven't collected yet from Pharmacy. My dad died suddenly from a stroke in 2014 (the healthiest man I knew!), my sister had cervical cancer aged 34 (all fine now), so I am constantly googling symptoms etc....it is so exhausting!!
I'm also a mental health nurse and health visitor so I know that I do everything I tell my families not to regarding anxiety!!
Anyway, I have appt at GP today to try and get to bottom of it (if I hadmy way I'd request mri, ecg, bloods but I think she'll do bp!)
So this was just to say hi, hope everyone has a safe day x

venusbluejeans
03-04-17, 09:59
Hiya Anxious-Annie and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Deckard
03-04-17, 11:11
Hi Anxious-Annie,

welcome to NMP. :welcome:

Health anxiety is also one of the topics my mind seems intenet on annoying me with. I got over a heart-worry episode a little over a month ago (and only after having had 24hr holter EKG and echo-cardiogram). I take medication, actually the same one you were prescribed (Sertraline), so if there's anything I can help you with, just ask (can also PM me, if you don't want it to be "public", I don't mind.) I also take tranquilizers in addition to that, though, but I guess the beta-blockers you take have pretty much the same calming effect.

Well, I guess that was a pretty long welcome, but there you have it. :D

--deckard

Bigboyuk
03-04-17, 11:23
Hi Anxious Annie and welcome to NMP :) Well at your appointment there is no harm done mentioning the various tests you would like to ease your mind so go for it :) Yes often we can give advice to others, but we don't take that advice on board for our selves hope you can get some answers from your dr good luck and lets us know how you get on! Cheers