PDA

View Full Version : Just scratched the car... gave me a panic attack :'(

KrazyK
03-04-17, 12:42
I just really need to talk to someone as I am really struggling right now!

I passed my driving test in January, then we got a new car. Its a big car for a first car but we have our son and our daughter is due this month so a family car was needed. We have the Kia Sportage. So yeah a big car!

I do not enjoy driving but do so as its much easier and quicker with a 3yo and a baby on the way. This weekend my husband said he thinks im at a point now where i can no longer concentrate properly and asked me if i would stop driving. I said no as I need to get to appointments etc.. I am 37weeks tomorrow so I am not sat very safe with less than an inch between bump n steeringwheel.

Today I needed to get cash from the bank (as needed over £250) for sons school fees. So I decided to drive to local town n go into the bank. I really did not want to. I just felt as though something wasnt quite right and i just wasnt up for it.

But as you all know your GAD can make u believe things that arent true I needed my sons fees so decided to go.
The drive there was fine. Actually it was pretty good, hubby had explained about how i can stop the car from jerking going from 1st to 2nd gear and I was getting the hang of it.
Then i got to the car park. I found a space i wanted. I had to drive through a space to get to space i wanted.

I pulled in and then turned the car into the gap, but..... there was a lampost with a surround on it which i somehow actually managed to turn into!!! Soon as i realised i reversed a little and then managed to pull in fine. I got out saw the scratch and burst into tears! Got in passenger side (thats where scratch is) and rung my hubby. I told him i was having a panic attack. Luckily by some magical chance he was just at the turn off on the motorway so was able to pull off and come to me (his coworker was driving)

He came and helped me calm down and told me he doesnt care about the scratch just aslong as me and baby are ok (son is at school) he then drove me home and has asked me not to drive until baby arrives now. He thinks my mind is on other things and its hard for me to concentrate what with being so close to birth.

I am soooooo cross with myself!!! I actually parked perfectly after i had readjusted the car! I just keep crying n crying and am so upset our beautiful car has a scratch on the passenger door now. Hubby said its not to bad and he can fix it but i dunno. I am so taken back and upset.

Tom1992
03-04-17, 18:08
Take a walk,talk with your husband.

A scratch is a scratch. It could have been much worse.

up a ladder
03-04-17, 19:22
Hiya.

Easily done especially in a bigger car. At the end of the day it is probably nothing too bad and if your hubby says he can fix it ...All good.

Don't worry about having a panic about it either, to be fair it was probably an appropriate response under the circumstances.