PDA

View Full Version : 6 months +

zippy
03-04-17, 14:39
How can i have all these symptoms for 6 months and it not be serious? My left eye has twitched now for weeks and my left cheek and now my left eyebrow is twitching. My left side of my back/shoulder and arm hurts everyday for 6 months and now the left side of my neck is stiff and sore everyday. When i first wake up it takes my left eye ages to focus properly, awful brain fog and now nausea.
Sorry for posting again.

swajj
03-04-17, 14:45
Maybe I just don't have the patience for this anymore.

I was about to answer your question about how anxiety can cause those symptoms for so long and then I looked at your id. I have given you advice before. You ignored it. Lots of people here have given you well thought out advice before. You ignored all that too. What do you want people to say? Because so far noone has come up with what you need to hear.

zippy
03-04-17, 15:15
I haven't ignored it at all but i can't help how i feel. I don't do it deliberately to annoy you all.

Gary A
03-04-17, 15:22
I haven't ignored it at all but i can't help how i feel. I don't do it deliberately to annoy you all.

I honestly think the biggest myth when it comes to anxiety is when people insist that they can't help it.

Yes you can.

You can try to focus on your treatment from your osteopath, you can try to stop seeking reassurance, you can try to stop googling, you can try to actually listen to the advice of others etc.

Kay8010
03-04-17, 15:32
OK so here it goes! Zippy, you clearly are in pain, not for ONE second do I believe that Anxiety can cause EVERYTHING that you are experiencing, yes maybe a little, I am a fellow HA sufferer as you know or maybe you ALL know!

My advice to you would be to speak with your GP as your symptoms are clearly not getting any better.

I am currently STILL suffering at the moment with my breathing (going on for 15 months) & I am seeking some help with it

Please DO NOT say sorry for posting, its a forum, we here to help (even though I am currently suffering) my advice is probably pointless but I know how you feel!

Gary A
03-04-17, 15:48
OK so here it goes! Zippy, you clearly are in pain, not for ONE second do I believe that Anxiety can cause EVERYTHING that you are experiencing, yes maybe a little, I am a fellow HA sufferer as you know or maybe you ALL know!

My advice to you would be to speak with your GP as your symptoms are clearly not getting any better.

I am currently STILL suffering at the moment with my breathing (going on for 15 months) & I am seeking some help with it

Please DO NOT say sorry for posting, its a forum, we here to help (even though I am currently suffering) my advice is probably pointless but I know how you feel!

You really need to stop telling people to worry, it's disgraceful on an anxiety forum.

Kay8010
03-04-17, 16:03
You really need to stop telling people to worry, it's disgraceful on an anxiety forum.

You really need to stop being so darn horrible with your responses to everyone.....this IS a forum and I can speak with whom ever and discuss it the way I choose - thank you

You need to seek help with your manners on here for a start.......nothing is disgraceful......your attitude is....

You seriously need to be spoken to about your responses to people.
I really think you delight in peoples HA on this site, NOT ONCE have I seen a response from you that is actually 'genuine' all you seem to do it curse people.

DO YOU HAVE HA? HAVE YOU HAD HA? ARE YOU A COUNSELOR?

---------- Post added at 16:03 ---------- Previous post was at 16:02 ----------

Where have I distinctively told her to worry????

You need to seek help with your manner 100%

Gary A
03-04-17, 16:06
Whatever Kay.

I've actually responded to you with some genuine and helpful advice before so stop babbling nonsense.

Enjoy your tantrum.

Kay8010
03-04-17, 16:08
No tantrum at all you but I have been reading various comments you have posted and the manner in which you speak to people on here, its more than once that you have responded in a very unsavory way (just saying)

Gary A
03-04-17, 16:11
No tantrum at all you but I have been reading various comments you have posted and the manner in which you speak to people on here, its more than once that you have responded in a very unsavory way (just saying)

Yeah, I can be harsh at times and on occasion I've probably taken it too far.

You, however, seem to be perfectly ok with alarming other HA sufferers, and you also seem to need to bring your own "suffering" into it as well.

That's twice now you've responded to the OP by trying to tell them their symptoms sound like something more than anxiety. Do you think that's ok? Are you stupid or something?

Catherine S
03-04-17, 16:15
I agree with Swajj Zippy. Nobody here can tell you what it all is for certain, only what we think it could be based on what the doctors and the osteopath have told you already. So perhaps pay another visit to the doctor.

ISB ☺

Kay8010
03-04-17, 16:17
Yeah, I can be harsh at times and on occasion I've probably taken it too far.

You, however, seem to be perfectly ok with alarming other HA sufferers, and you also seem to need to bring your own "suffering" into it as well.

That's twice now you've responded to the OP by trying to tell them their symptoms sound like something more than anxiety. Do you think that's ok? Are you stupid or something?

Answer me ONE thing here - do you have HA (as previously asked) which you have 'stupidly' ignored, I guess the answer is NO, how dare you come onto an anxiety forum and give advise and be mean and horrible to poster whom have HA how dare you! You have no clue!!!!

Yes it is the 2nd time and its valid her symptoms have been ongoing for 6 months & mine 15 months, who do you ACTUALLY think you are by the way??

You have no clue what you are talking about....you need to

1. Try and suffer with HA first to UNDERSTAND IT
2. Get your attitude sorted
3. Maybe get something else to do during the day other than posting here and being mean

I am NOT getting into your pathetic little arguments again, you are very very unapproachable and you seem to have a slight chip on your shoulder for some reason.

I have said what I wanted to say....

Enjoy your day further

---------- Post added at 16:17 ---------- Previous post was at 16:16 ----------

I agree with Swajj Zippy. Nobody here can tell you what it all is for certain, only what we think it could be based on what the doctors and the osteopath have told you already. So perhaps pay another visit to the doctor.

ISB ☺

Be careful ISB GaryA will accuse you of something for telling her to visit her GP again....

Gary A
03-04-17, 16:22
Having HA doesn't seem to make you understand that your comments will alarm people. You seem to enjoy adding drama, to yours and other people's situations.

Kay8010
03-04-17, 16:24
And I ask you again 'fellow HA sufferer'

Have you got HA??

p.s. I really think you are missing the point here

I really have not got time to argue with you GaryA, continue as you are....

Gary A
03-04-17, 16:27
And I ask you again 'fellow HA sufferer'

Have you got HA??

I've never been diagnosed with it, no.

A close friend of mine suffered with it for years and attempted suicide which prompted me to learn about anxiety and depression.

That good enough credentials for you?

Fishmanpa
03-04-17, 16:27
How can i have all these symptoms for 6 months and it not be serious?

Question: In the 8 years you've been posting here, all the doctor visits and tests.... Have any of your fears come true?

Positive thoughts

Kay8010
03-04-17, 16:32
I've never been diagnosed with it, no.

A close friend of mine suffered with it for years and attempted suicide which prompted me to learn about anxiety and depression.

That good enough credentials for you?

Not asking for credentials GaryA just wanted to know if you suffer with the condition so that I may understand your responses a little better....

Gary A
03-04-17, 16:45
Not asking for credentials GaryA just wanted to know if you suffer with the condition so that I may understand your responses a little better....

I repeat, having HA doesn't stop you from alarming people with your responses. You do it all the time, and according to a few PM's I've received you don't like it when it's pointed out to you.

If you claim to understand HA then stop adding to people's anguish by telling them that their fears just might be reality.

Kay8010
03-04-17, 16:55
I repeat, having HA doesn't stop you from alarming people with your responses. You do it all the time, and according to a few PM's I've received you don't like it when it's pointed out to you.

If you claim to understand HA then stop adding to people's anguish by telling them that their fears just might be reality.

I do claim to understand HA and I also additionally claim that it is advisable to seek professional help when you need to, advice is advice...you give yours and I give mine END OF.

All the time LOL :yahoo:.......your manner is nasty, you are not a sufferer you cannot possibly know what people are going through no matter how hard you try GaryA. Nothing has been pointed out to me again.....PLEASE get your facts sweetie.

I have received a few PM's myself frankly about your attitude and how rude you are, hence why I have felt the need to complain about you on NMP.

I do not have to justify my posts to you again.......

Good bye GaryA & take care

Gary A
03-04-17, 17:32
I do claim to understand HA and I also additionally claim that it is advisable to seek professional help when you need to, advice is advice...you give yours and I give mine END OF.

All the time LOL :yahoo:.......your manner is nasty, you are not a sufferer you cannot possibly know what people are going through no matter how hard you try GaryA. Nothing has been pointed out to me again.....PLEASE get your facts sweetie.

I have received a few PM's myself frankly about your attitude and how rude you are, hence why I have felt the need to complain about you on NMP.

I do not have to justify my posts to you again.......

Good bye GaryA & take care

Well you seem perfectly happy to add to people's anguish with your hand wringing replies. Go you.

The last time we had this debate several people responded to it telling you that your response to zippy could easily upset not only zippy, but whoever read the reply.

You clearly haven't taken any note of that and continued to just do as you please. That's nothing more than selfish, and the fact you can't even acknowledge those replies, if not mine, shows that you just do not care what people who do suffer with health anxiety have to say.

You can keep turning it around on me if you like, fact is that you use your suffering to justify upsetting people.

I might come across as nasty but a lot of people do appreciate my way. It works for some, not everyone of course. At least I'm trying to get people to see the error of their ways and what anxiety is making them do, you seem to be ok to do nothing more than be a fuel, while bleating about your own woes.

I don't know how you can say you understand anxiety while alarming people, that doesn't add up, but you don't seem to care either way so whatever.

Kay8010
03-04-17, 18:26
Here we go again. How long did that take you to justify yoursef? Im not turning anything on you sweetie, look at your posts its nasty!

What I have gathered from you is that

A. You dont suffer from HA
B. You offer no support just harsh brash responses to someone that is struggling, at least I get to the point and say go to the Dr like soooooo many poster DO on here, i have not diagnosed anyone with anything so again facts darling!
C. I have a feeling you must be quite young as you seem to come across this way
D. As I repeat, look at your posts, dont justify yourself to me if you feel you are right, we all have opinions and i am expressing mine.

Do yourself a favour, go and enjoy the sunshine :)

Fishmanpa
03-04-17, 18:43
So Zippy, if you can wade through the muck on your thread (BTW.. take it private will ya guys ;)) , you didn't answer my question...

In all the time you've been here, have any of your worst fears been realized?

I know you may come back with the "What if this time is different?" argument but the reality is, at some point in your life, something is bound to come up and it's probably not going to be at all what you thought.

I'm not doubting you're feeling pain but I do question your reaction to it.

Positive thoughts

Mav
03-04-17, 20:27
Maybe I just don't have the patience for this anymore.

I was about to answer your question about how anxiety can cause those symptoms for so long and then I looked at your id. I have given you advice before. You ignored it. Lots of people here have given you well thought out advice before. You ignored all that too. What do you want people to say? Because so far noone has come up with what you need to hear.

This is a little bit mean.

Zippy you've been here for a while and I've read through quite a few of your threads, starting from the lymph node ones (Thats how I found you).

I really think you've got to that point with your health anxiety where everything that happens in your body is a symptom. People twitch, my left cheek twitches sometimes if I move my mouth a certain way. Our bodies are very complex with lots of systems and when a system truly malfunctions, it will be very apparent to you and the doctor.

Please find some help for this anxiety, and if you already have the help in your life then please repeat the advice over and over again. It's not your fault, I know you feel like you cannot help it but you must acknoweldge it's anxiety. Thats the first step to recovery tbh.

---------- Post added at 20:27 ---------- Previous post was at 20:18 ----------

Honestly, I don't want to get involved in this argument but I don't think OP has some serious underlying condition at all, the symptoms wouldn't even make sense really. If you look at OP's past threads it's an absolute list of symptoms, it's almost everything OP experiences.

Twitching, back pain, nosebleed and nightsweats etc
These things can be normal, you should tell OP not to relate everything in all one batch.

I've had severe back pain a while back, I've had twitching eyes, I've woken up damp a few times but they don't all relate and to equal a horrible underlying illness.

If something is really wrong, it makes itself quite apparent usually but OP is in the mindframe that everything is a symptom so telling OP to get checked out for anything other than their anxiety is wrong.

Carrie8484
03-04-17, 22:19
Zippy it might be helpful if you didn't post and run? People try to offer support and even get into arguments for you but instead you just start a new thread. Why not keep all your posts together so they follow on from each other And hopefully you will be able to see what is anxiety and what needs addressing.

MyNameIsTerry
04-04-17, 01:12
How can i have all these symptoms for 6 months and it not be serious? My left eye has twitched now for weeks and my left cheek and now my left eyebrow is twitching. My left side of my back/shoulder and arm hurts everyday for 6 months and now the left side of my neck is stiff and sore everyday. When i first wake up it takes my left eye ages to focus properly, awful brain fog and now nausea.
Sorry for posting again.

Hi Zippy,

You probably know I have no HA elements to my anxiety? This doesn't stop me having a thought "could it be X?" At times but it just passes through with an intuitive "of course not!" right behind it. But I have always been very symptom focused and found it hard to stop thinking about how horrible they are.

As far as symptoms go:

- buzzing under the skin - 10 years, most days of that
- brain fog - several years off & on, weeks at a time sometimes.
- agitation (one of my most feared symptoms) every 7-10 days for about 3-4 days which started at a level of 3 weeks with a week of lesser symptoms, when I started the med that caused it all. It has taken me years to get it to as little as 2 days per cycle.

I could go on with many symptoms.

Anxiety can cause may things, as Gary says but also as Kay says it may not be anxiety, BUT there are many things anxiety sufferers have in a couple morbid capacity e.g. IBS, bad posture causing back aches and breathing issues, aching muscles & joints from muscular tension, etc.

So, I'm choosing to believe Kay meant that it's not something to worry about but can be a non anxiety issue that can be a co morbid issue or just something unrelated that adds on top (we still get ill like any other human). Only Kay can explain that properly and it would be a good idea too.

But going back to what you ask. I have symptoms far older than yours, I'm still here. Why aren't I worrying about disease & serious conditions? That's simple, no HA.

Kay8010
04-04-17, 07:07
Hi Zippy,

You probably know I have no HA elements to my anxiety? This doesn't stop me having a thought "could it be X?" At times but it just passes through with an intuitive "of course not!" right behind it. But I have always been very symptom focused and found it hard to stop thinking about how horrible they are.

As far as symptoms go:

- buzzing under the skin - 10 years, most days of that
- brain fog - several years off & on, weeks at a time sometimes.
- agitation (one of my most feared symptoms) every 7-10 days for about 3-4 days which started at a level of 3 weeks with a week of lesser symptoms, when I started the med that caused it all. It has taken me years to get it to as little as 2 days per cycle.

I could go on with many symptoms.

Anxiety can cause may things, as Gary says but also as Kay says it may not be anxiety, BUT there are many things anxiety sufferers have in a couple morbid capacity e.g. IBS, bad posture causing back aches and breathing issues, aching muscles & joints from muscular tension, etc.

So, I'm choosing to believe Kay meant that it's not something to worry about but can be a non anxiety issue that can be a co morbid issue or just something unrelated that adds on top (we still get ill like any other human). Only Kay can explain that properly and it would be a good idea too.

But going back to what you ask. I have symptoms far older than yours, I'm still here. Why aren't I worrying about disease & serious conditions? That's simple, no HA.

This is a lovely response. I have PM'd Zippy yesterday and many times before so she knows what I meant 😊

flipp
04-04-17, 09:03
Got your back Kay.:hugs:.and zippy.

Kay8010
04-04-17, 09:07
Got your back Kay.:hugs:.and zippy.

Thank you :) - I hope Zippy can get some help :)

swajj
04-04-17, 10:21
Yes I only come here to be mean.

For goodness sake research my posts to zippy and from memory Kay before you start assigning labels. Then if you still think I'm mean then I'll try to cope. lol

---------- Post added at 18:51 ---------- Previous post was at 18:41 ----------

lol I am calm.

I have a memory of giving you advice at some stage. I could search to check my memory's accuracy. I could, but...

MyNameIsTerry
04-04-17, 12:05

For goodness sake research my posts to zippy and from memory Kay before you start assigning labels. Then if you still think I'm mean then I'll try to cope. lol

lol I am calm.

I have a memory of giving you advice at some stage. I could search to check my memory's accuracy. I could, but...

I would re read the thread, swajj. I think you've got mixed up in the exchange between Gary & Kay.

swajj
04-04-17, 12:30
No Terry I'm crystal clear. It seems mixed up because Kay deleted her post. That's why it looks like I'm talking to myself. :winks:

Mav
04-04-17, 13:03

lol I am calm.

I'm sure you know that health anxiety is like one of those "magic" birthday candles that keep lighting up even your doing your best to blow them out.

Sometimes reassurance isn't enough but no one comes on here to hear someone being harsh to them. Tough love works for some but if you're just further upsetting the OP then it's not fair.

If we wanted that treatment we would talk to the people in our everyday lives who have little to know paitence for health anxiety because they don't understand or suffer with it themselves.

are you talking about giving me advice?

Kay8010
04-04-17, 14:05
No Terry I'm crystal clear. It seems mixed up because Kay deleted her post. That's why it looks like I'm talking to myself. :winks:

I did indeed, typed my response but then realized when I read your post what you actually meant lol - sorry!

Gary A
04-04-17, 14:39
Not wanting to add to this further, just a quick note to offer an apology to both Kay and zippy.

I may have jumped the gun a little with Kays response. I had a disagreement with her before about her alarming response to zippy and it's probably given me a predisposition to anything she writes.

Having read her response, there is really just a bit of advice on seeking further help from a doctor. I do disagree with that because zippys history would suggest quite clearly that the issue is indeed anxiety.

However, kays response didn't merit my reply, it was an overreaction from me and I can only apologise for this and confess to being a grumpy git far too often. It isn't my place to tell people what to say and I really need to breathe before I hit the reply button.

MyNameIsTerry
04-04-17, 16:18

Fair enough, it thought it was about Mav commenting on your first post as it didn't look like Kay had addressed you and what with the rest...assumption on my part :doh:

Mav
04-04-17, 16:42
Fair enough, it thought it was about Mav commenting on your first post as it didn't look like Kay had addressed you and what with the rest...assumption on my part :doh:

Oh, I thought it was addressed to me also. :blush:

Kay8010
04-04-17, 16:48
Sorry if I have caused confusion :doh: