PDA

View Full Version : Went to Gastro today. Valuable info for those paranoid about stomach issues

Scared2bme
03-04-17, 15:40
I went to my Gastroenterologist today. I've been obsessing about stomach and colon cancers for a while now. Seems the more I read about it the worse my symptoms became. I developed every single symptom listed. Fullness, not eating, burping, heartburn, pain etc. I'm a 42 year old woman and just bluntly told her about my fears. She looked at me like I was a bit nuts. She told me at my age and because I'm female, non smoker, no family history, that's the last thing she's thinkomg of (knock on wood). She said anxiety contributes to 60-70% of stomach issues either psychologically or otherwise. She felt around my stomach and and said it feels fine. I asked her point blank can I put the stomach cancer fear to bed and she said yeah I would. So for now the plan is bloodwork to test for celiac, inflammatory issues, thyroid, CBC/Chem, and anemia. I will meet back up with her May 1 to go over results. She also told me IBS pain can occur anywhere in the abdomen and is often vague. It can be upper left, middle, etc. There is no rhyme or reason as to location. Not sure if I have IBS we will wait and see. She also mentioned perhaps doing an endoscopy for my piece of mind but said let's wait and see blood results first.