PDA

View Full Version : Celexa dosing question

Ethansmom
03-04-17, 16:16
I am currently taking 20MG (it's been almost 3 weeks on that dose and not feeling any less anxious yet). I have been splitting the tablet 1/2 in the morning and half in the evening. The doctor recommended it in the beginning since I was getting vertigo. He said I can eventually just take it in the mornings. Can I just switch to taking the whole pill tomorrow morning, or do I need 24 hours in between dosing?

kain
03-04-17, 19:54
How late in the evening did you take it? And how early do you take it? If your worried about it you could take your second half dose a little earlier in the evening and the next day take the whole tablet in the morning like your doctor suggested.

Unless it gives you sleeping problems you might want to consider taking it at night if vertigo is a problem.

I'm not a doctor though just my advice.

Ethansmom
03-04-17, 20:30
I usually take it at 8pm, so I can probably move it up to 5:30 today by time I get home from work. Thanks for responding!

snowghost57
03-04-17, 20:32
I would check with the doctor before changing anything. I should take me own advice. I was on 25mg Zoloft and was very sick from it. My doctor is closed on Fridays, so I couldn't call. I cut back to 1/2 of a 1/2 for 3 days then stopped completely. I know I shouldn't have done it without consulting a doctor. When I did see her she felt that Zoloft was to strong. I no longer have anxiety. If it does rear its ugly head she suggested celexa. How do you like this medication? Any side effects other then vertigo?

Ethansmom
03-04-17, 20:39
other than increased anxiety(no other side effects). I tried Zoloft and it didn't help. I'm at 20MG of celexa and seeing my psychiatrist on Thursday.

kain
03-04-17, 22:07
I would check with the doctor before changing anything. I should take me own advice. I was on 25mg Zoloft and was very sick from it. My doctor is closed on Fridays, so I couldn't call. I cut back to 1/2 of a 1/2 for 3 days then stopped completely. I know I shouldn't have done it without consulting a doctor. When I did see her she felt that Zoloft was to strong. I no longer have anxiety. If it does rear its ugly head she suggested celexa. How do you like this medication? Any side effects other then vertigo?

I liked Celexa citalopram a lot my main side effects were sweating and loss of appetite that lasted for a few days.

Ethansmom
03-04-17, 22:27
That's good to hear. I hope it helps for me! I'm so mentally ill with anxiety/panic/depression. I need to feel normal!!!

panic_down_under
03-04-17, 23:01
I am currently taking 20MG (it's been almost 3 weeks on that dose and not feeling any less anxious yet).

You've only just entered the 3-12 week window when antidepressants typically kick-in, so it is still early days. Most see an improvement at around 5-8 weeks.

Can I just switch to taking the whole pill tomorrow morning, or do I need 24 hours in between dosing?

Skip the nightly dose and take the full 20mg the next morning. Citalopram has a longish half-life, around 35 hours, so the amount in your system will barely change because of the missed half dose, therefore, there won't be any withdrawal issues.

Ethansmom
04-04-17, 00:38
OK thanks . that's what I'll do.

snowghost57
04-04-17, 00:44
Thanks for the info. I'm coping pretty well so far with no meds.