PDA

View Full Version : Bad leg pain

angry
04-04-17, 01:08
Went to the ER for the third time this year the other evening. Every breath I took caused extreme pain in my chest, I thought I was having a PE. My leg has been hurting for a few months now so of course I've been worried sick about clots. I told them my fears and they said the same thing as everyone else: it's extremely unlikely for a young male like me to have this condition. EKG, blood tests (no d-dimer), chest X-ray. Same deal every time—none of these things can diagnose PE. They ignored my leg pain and told me to take some Tylenol.

Obviously my chest felt completely better the next day—probably a pulled muscle. But now my leg is the worst it's ever been. The thigh is tender to touch, my calf hurts badly when I flex my foot, and the pain is practically constant. Tylenol has no effect. The muscles feel so sore even though I haven't really done anything to strain them.

And of course, this cough that I've had for over a month is coming back out of no where. I just had a couple of slices of pizza so I want to chalk it up to some reflux, but my stupid mind screams otherwise.

I wish I never knew about blood clots. I miss life before health anxiety.