PDA

View Full Version : Eye flash/visual problems

fruitandnutlover
04-04-17, 09:51
That's the only way I can describe what I get and am hoping someone somewhere gets something similar as I feel I'm going insane with the worry.
I've had this for quite some time maybe 5-6 years maybe longer.
These are the symptoms I'll describe as best I can,
Can happen anytime, anywhere, can get these several times a day but sometimes only once a week or every few weeks.
It happens in one eye at a time only and in different areas of the eye at different times.
It's like a small after image of light (sometimes a gray blob but mostly bright) like when a camera has flashed in your eye.
I only notice it when I blink at the sky, clouds, TV or computer screen.
The 'blob/flash' usually lasts up to a minute but sometimes longer.
I notice it a lot when I'm back out walking my dog?
It causes me untold anxiety.

I do on occasion get aura migraine (had it during pregnancy and sometimes during periods) but this always starts with a blind spot, then a bright zig zag flash which is always in both eyes and the zig zag moves away eventually) but these other blobs don't move but fade away.
Opticians aren't much help, the last one said it was floaters!
6 years ago I did have a month long period of having a lot of them like a firework after image it freaked me out so much I paid to see a neurologist who said if he had to pigeon hole it and give it a name he would say it was silent migraine??!!
Please, is there anyone else out there with this?

supermom
04-04-17, 14:29
I have been having some issues I guess with my vision. I feel like some things look like they are shimmering or my eyes are straining. I went to an ENT and she said silent migraines as well. I notice if I sleep well it's much less. I also don't notice it that much unless I'm really focused on something. For me I'm convinced that it is stemming from my neck pain. I can feel all my muscles just clenched in my neck and I think it's just making everything pull.

Cakelady
04-04-17, 18:31
I had a really strange eye thing a week ago, I was very stressed at the time. I had been looking at my phone & it was like something was in my vision, trying to read I couldn't seethe full words. It then went on to a strange, hard to describe, zig zag flashing at the side of me eye. It started in both but the right one resolved. It went on in my left for maybe half an hour. It really freaked me out xx

fruitandnutlover
05-04-17, 09:46
Yes this is what I get to, really stresses me out.

Cakelady
05-04-17, 10:14
I did google afterwards ( wrong but picked my words carefully!). I found links to stress / anxiety for the symptoms I experienced xx

Kuatir
05-04-17, 10:21
From this website:

Eyes, Blurred vision, Eyes sensitive to light, Dry, watery or itchy eyes

What you feel:

You may see stars or movements out of the corner of your eyes that don't exist. You may also see flashing lights in your eyes or your vision may seem almost kaleidoscope-like. Sometimes you may feel that there is a dark object or something just on the outside edge of your vision, or that your vision is narrowing.

It seems your vision is blurry or out of focus, and it's more apparent now than before.

There are times when your eyes seem more sensitive to light than at others, even to a point of regular light being too bright so that you have to wear sunglasses or squint.

You feel as though your eyes are either always dry, constantly watering or itchy. And often, your eyes are red or 'glossy' looking. Even a good night's rest doesn't help.

Ciliary muscles relax – pupils dilate focusing on distant items sometimes disturbing your vision or allowing odd colours or floaters to be noticed.

What causes this:

Eyes are nerves. The nerves in the eyes send their information to the brain through the nervous system. When the nervous system is over active, the nerves in the eyes can play tricks on you which means we sometimes receive false information. These symptoms are some of the ways we receive this false information.

None of these symptoms are serious when they are attributed to anxiety disorder. However, it is important that you get a professional medical evaluation completed to ensure your condition is related to anxiety disorder.

Cakelady
05-04-17, 14:24
Kuatir that's helpful:) xx

Timb2
06-04-17, 04:20
I hate the visual symptoms. It sucks.