PDA

View Full Version : I don't feel normal

little king 91
04-04-17, 15:12
Hello everyone. I'm feeling very unusual and confused about myself and wondered if anyone can shed some light on this.

A couple of weeks ago I smoked a joint with a friend and I haven't felt right ever since. I've taken it several times this year and it was never really a good experience for me... But I'd feel fine the next day. However since the last time it's been different. It's very difficult to describe but I'm just not myself. I feel distant and confused. I'm concerned that the cannabis has damaged my brain or something. I've been googling symptoms and watching things to try and understand what's going on and many people have had similar experiences. I've had problems with anxiety for a very long time and I'm worried I've just made it worse. I think I may be experiencing depersonalization but I don't know for sure. I feel so stupid for taking it now and I just want to feel normal again. I feel very unsettled and I can't enjoy anything in the way I used to. I've been examined by a doctor and my body is okay, but I still don't feel right.

.Poppy.
04-04-17, 16:27
It does sound like depersonalization. Depersonalization is a pretty common anxiety symptom and sometimes cannabis can set it off in some people. Don't worry - your brain is totally fine - you've just triggered some anxiety.

What does your doctor say about your anxiety problems? Have you ever done anything (therapy, meds) to address them?

I've never smoked but dealt with depersonalization from time to time. It will pass eventually. It may help to utilize both exercise and meditation as that always helped me.

up a ladder
04-04-17, 17:30
Hi.
Cannabis can do this and hopefully it should be a short term issue. One of my first panic attacks was from recreational drugs. My honest advice is to leave well alone. Some people swear by its theraputic effect. I would swear otherwise.
Many of my friends and I from College and early work life used to mess about with drugs, nothing that you could not smoke or eat. More than a few of us now have anxiety, panic and or depression issues.

Understand though. This was years of use not a couple of times. As I have said, you are probably suffering from a temporary blip.

Keep well.