PDA

View Full Version : Hello

michellejake88
04-04-17, 17:44
Hi thank you for allowing me to join your forum. A bit about myself: I live in the UK, I'm an ex mental health nurse, but became disillusioned with the job and the lack of care due to government cuts. The last straw was when someone had been admitted to an A&E dept after a serious suicide attempt, and we had to tell her she had to go home as there was no beds. She was then sent a CBT computer course, and wait 18 weeks before she would see a real person. Years ago she would have been cared for and given a CPN (community psychiatric nurse) who would visit regularly. Not anymore though. I wanted to help people, as I have suffered serious sexual trauma in my own life, and have had 4 suicide attempts. So, how do I help suicidal patients when I could understand completely why somebody wants to give up?
I have now reported my assault to the police. It's classed as a historic sexual assault, so basically, it's my word against his. I did a 3 hour videoed interview which will be used in court. If it gets to court. I suffer anxiety, panic attacks, night terrors and flashbacks. These have all got worse since the interview, I had to go into graphic detail about it and it feels like I've opened Pandora's Box, and I don't know if hope is still in there.

venusbluejeans
04-04-17, 17:50
Hiya michellejake88 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

MyNameIsTerry
08-04-17, 05:49
That's very brave of you, Michelle. I hope you get some justice.

I guess in a job like that you have little choice but to try to come to terms with doing the best you can with what you have. It's forced on you from above. It must be upsetting to see it though and wanting to do more.

You & your colleagues must have seen it as a disgrace that someone in so much distress was fobbed off with an online course. It's a disgrace, the system that is, not you guys.