PDA

View Full Version : Bubbling stomach

Yoga*Lover
04-04-17, 19:03
Hi :)

I'm working myself up at the moment over a strange symptom that I've never had before. My stomach is constantly bubbling. It feels like gas bubbles moving through but it's constant and doesn't often result in any gas.
It's driving me insane. I've seen my dr this morning and he checked my stomach over and said it's most like irritable bowel related to my anxiety flare up. I'm going to the toilet regularly but my mind is constantly making me worry about having a bowel obstruction. I'm scared to eat incase I have a blockage and it's going to make me ill. I've just had a complete breakdown over the phone to my GP but nothing reassures me.
I'm so low I just don't know what to do anymore

Sorry for the rant xx

katyfitz
04-04-17, 19:45
Hey,
Sorry you are feeling this way, I too feel this at times. Can you relate to, gurgling sensations and diarrea? This is what I suffer and it's horrible. You are not alone

Catherine S
04-04-17, 19:45
If you had a bowel obstruction you wouldn't be going to the toilet regularly and you'd be in quite a lot of discomfort and pain by now. Nervousness/anxiousness can affect the digestive system including the bowels...it's a classic symptom really. Your doctor isn't worried about it or suggested referring you for any kind of test so try to be reassured by that.

ISB

Yoga*Lover
04-04-17, 19:47
Hi :).
I have the same symptoms! I too struggle with diarrhoea but just seem to have constant gurgling at the moment. It's driving me insane. I wish I could just accept what the dr says and get on with things but my mind is constantly saying 'what if' xx