PDA

View Full Version : Meningitis

steph25
04-04-17, 19:30
I've been doing so well recently with my health anxiety until today. I've been ill with flu-like symptoms for the past 3-4 days and I've got some purplish marks
on my body which I'm suddenly panicking about

The stupid thing is I've had them before and they have always gone but I never know what they are and then I've seen an article about a woman who has died of meningitis when she thought she had the flu and I'm panicking.

The marks are on my chest and on the top of my shoulder and the skin before the armpit which is just above the arm. They are purplish in colour, kind of like small spots in a clump. I have had them before over the past few years, they generally are on my arms, I've never had it on my chest before and it's never been on any other part of my body.

My joints are aching, I've had a sore throat, blocked nose and a cough and headaches - but I think that's because of the blocked nose. My boyfriend has also had the symptoms earlier on in the week.

I've uploaded it, the colour isn't as purple as it is in real life, does anyone know what it could be? It has also faded a tiny bit.

I have found a more accurate picture of what they normally look like on Google, here's it is http://timbalandfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/petechiae-images.jpeg