PDA

View Full Version : Waiting For Test Results

agingwuss
05-04-17, 10:17
After ages being (nearly) HA free, here I am again. "Every time I think I'm out of it, it drags me back in!"

Does anyone else have anxiety problems when waiting for test results? I'm waiting for the results of a routine mammogram and my anxiety levels have gone off the scale!

Gary A
05-04-17, 11:21
First of all, props for the Godfather reference (even though the 3rd one almost completely ruined the whole thing), and second of all, it's a routine mammogram.

Yeah, most people will get anxious to a degree about this kind of thing, but having HA is always going to make it worse. Try as best as you can to be rational about this. Countless women go for routine mammograms a day, a very minute portion of those women will be asked to attend a follow up. Even fewer will be told they have something nasty.

The odds are very very heavily in your favour.

ElectricAlice
05-04-17, 20:29
Try to remember that worry will not make a difference to the test results. They are what they are (and I'm betting you're absolutely fine).

If your finding it's on your mind too much - set aside a time where you allow yourself to worry, but your not allowed to worry outside of this time. Perhaps half an hour at 8pm. Write down your worries if that helps. It sounds weird but it gives you some control regarding your worry and prevents you from worrying all day long. It also helps you to feel like you're not just ignoring your worries.

I'd also recommend mindfulness.

You'll be fine :)

roseanxiety
08-04-17, 03:50
Me! Waiting for results causes me great anxiety! I can barely do the tests because of this.

agingwuss
09-04-17, 10:00
:yesyes:
Hooray - results came & were fine! Many many thanks for all your support.