PDA

View Full Version : *skipped beats & alcohol*

seansavage17
05-04-17, 11:41
How common are these? Mine started about 4-5 years ago as I barely noticed them... And now with getting slightly older (25) and carrying on thinking I can take cocaine and drink copious amounts of alcohol, they've got worse. They used to come and I'd have a panic attack instantly and then they'd get worse etc... viscous cycle, however this was only once in a while maybe every month or two. Now they're much more frequent. I can't remember the last day where I didn't have any at all (well maybe it was about a month ago but very rare). Most morning I wake up and I'll be feeling anxious and getting skip after skip, maybe one every few minutes or so. After I've had a beer or two they normally tend to calm down and so do I. This obviously isn't good because it's turning me into an alcoholic. I kind of give up with the doctors now as they only prescribed me antidepressants and atenolol. I only took the atenolol and got psychologically hooked on that for 2 years until I gave it up. Granted, I took cocaine on the weekend and I've had terrible symptoms since. It normally takes around 5 days to fully get out my system and the skips to calm down.

Can anyone else relate to this and give me any help/advice?
Cheers,
Sean

bin tenn
05-04-17, 13:02
My advice: lay off the drugs and alcohol. Problem solved.

Fishmanpa
05-04-17, 13:07
With respect... What you're doing is a kin to saying... "I shot myself in the foot and it still hurts." Any advice?

The solution is not so painfully obvious ;)

Positive thoughts

KaylaR88
05-04-17, 17:48
I've known people who self soothe with drugs/alcohol. You already know this, but you're headed down a dark path. alcohol is a trigger to ectopic beats and cocaine, forget about it. you're asking for trouble with this behavior so my advice is to stop drinking and using, and find a more productive, less self sabotaging way to calm your anxiety.