PDA

View Full Version : Gallbladder (Supposed) Issues

nothisispatrick
05-04-17, 16:48
Hey guys. It's been a while since I've posted here cause I had managed to have zero health anxiety for months until now.
Anyway, last December, I had to leave work because I started having awful, sharp pains under my right ribcage that quickly got very bad and started radiating up my back and across my stomach. I went to see a doctor, they thought it was my gallbladder. They did an ultrasound and found no stones but that my gallbladder was distended. They did blood tests and all came back normal. From that point they just didn't really know what to do, they told me if it didn't get better to go to emergency.
It got better the next day and I didn't really worry about it again.
But now, a few days ago, I had it happen again. Once again coming on, radiating, going to my whole abdomen, and subsiding overnight. I have no idea what to do about it. If I go to emergency, they're going to want to remove my gallbladder, and since I have no stones and my bloodwork all looks fine, it's not guaranteed that it would completely help. I don't want to undergo surgery and risk anything going wrong or feeling worse after because of it if it's not necessary.
I also can't stop worrying though that something horrible will happen. Like what if it's cancer or my gallbladder ruptures or something otherwise awful happens.
Last time, the doctor told me this wasn't a situation where it would kill me, but more of one of pain. So I try to take comfort in that but then I'll be like what if it's not right.

raggamuffin
05-04-17, 19:04
Focus on your diet then. Fresh fruit and veg. Minimize processed foods. Green tea, and hot water with a slice of lemon. All items that are good for the body and good for the liver and gallbladder.

Processed foods and poor diet promote inflammation in the body. Minimize it through eating right. And always keep hydrated

Ed

Michelle1
24-04-17, 13:56
Yes diet plays a big part. Eat as organic and fresh as possible. Cut down on fats. If you do notice pain after a fatty meal it could well be your gallbladder
Have you lost weight?
Feel sick after eating?
Pain in right shoulder blade?
I had gallbladder disease and had it taken out last year. My bloods were also fine. When surgeon got in thou it was Chronic calculous cholecystitis and was oozing blood and in a very bad way. I did have a big stone thou which was blocking the bile duct this showed up on the ultrasound and gallbladder was tense inflamed and distended (all signs of infection).
If your not losing weight and not feeling sick after eating and you don't get pain after eating a fatty meal then it may not be your gallbladder. Hope this helps