PDA

View Full Version : Unintentional (sudden?) weight loss...worried!

kmm111
05-04-17, 17:00
My current obsession is over my weight. I woke up one day last week and felt "thinner". I can tell because my stomach feels much flatter than it has in a long time. I also noticed that my pants feel looser and even my wedding ring feels looser! I don't know if I am just panicking and paying more attention to this, but it seemed to happen overnight. I haven't been intentionally trying to lose weight, or working out or anything like that.

I don't own a scale (for the very reason of obsessing about my weight), but I am sure I am down a few pounds compared to for example, 2 weeks ago. I don't seem to have any other symptoms. Has anyone else experienced this, and what was the outcome/diagnosis? I am terrified I have a serious underlying illness.

kmm111
07-04-17, 14:28
anyone?? :ohmy:

WoodChucker
07-04-17, 15:00
Feelings are very subjective. I think it is better to just weigh yourself and see if you indeed lost weight. And if so, no reason to worry. Tons of benign reasons.

Also an obsession can make your brain convince yourself by 'clues' falsely that you gained or lost weight (whatever it is your fear) if you focus too much on it. So you really shouldn't worry :)

countrygirl
07-04-17, 20:40
Dr's are only interested in sudden severe weight loss, this means losing a stone in a month whilst stuffing your face with food.

I am not sure what is best for you as if you get scales which could reassure you but also you could be weighing yourself multiple times daily and obsessing over every ounce lost so maybe not a good idea to get some.
How about measuring yourself with tape measure as in chest/waist and hips as it takes quite a lot of weight loss to alter these?

But as said you only need to be concerned if everyone was commenting on your sudden big weight loss.