PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else get a blocked nose in the morning?

LG18
05-04-17, 19:32
Every morning I wake up I seem to have a blocked nose in one nostril.
The next day it could be in the opposite nostril, but usually only one.

I've heard nasal congestion can be a sign of a tumour..
I don't think I have alregies because I have it year round.

I read a story in the paper today about someone who had a tumour in his throat, and the doctors had sent him away saying it was allergies.
He had a blocked nose for a few months and that was one of his symptoms.

I've had this about four or five months now.

does anybody else have it?

Cheers

Catherine S
05-04-17, 19:42
Yes I've had this for some years now as I suffer with my sinuses. Sometimes I get headaches but mostly it's a blocked nostril on waking and can also come with a dry throat because blocked nostrils mean sleeping with my mouth open, which can't be a very pretty sight!

Tumours can happen for some yes, but not for everyone. Reading about them can worry us the same as any major illness can, but you can't waste your life worrying about something that may never happen to you at all.

ISB ☺

LG18
05-04-17, 20:44
Yes I've had this for some years now as I suffer with my sinuses. Sometimes I get headaches but mostly it's a blocked nostril on waking and can also come with a dry throat because blocked nostrils mean sleeping with my mouth open, which can't be a very pretty sight!

Tumours can happen for some yes, but not for everyone. Reading about them can worry us the same as any major illness can, but you can't waste your life worrying about something that may never happen to you at all.

ISB ☺

Right I see. Maybe I have a sinus issue then, though I don't seem to match the sinus symptoms either so I don't know.

Thanks

iwarzon
06-04-17, 02:45
This happens from time to time for me also one side only I chalk it up to some kind of sinus issue because it passes rather quick after I get up

Carl8825
06-04-17, 12:11
Hey, I've had this for years but never really worries too much about it, went to the doc and they said I had rhinitis and a deviated septum, most likely a sinus issue. Hope this helps

LG18
06-04-17, 16:06
This happens from time to time for me also one side only I chalk it up to some kind of sinus issue because it passes rather quick after I get up

Thanks for the reply.

That's exactly how mine is.
Once I've got up it goes after a few minuets.

Maybe it is sinus then...

---------- Post added at 16:06 ---------- Previous post was at 15:59 ----------

Hey, I've had this for years but never really worries too much about it, went to the doc and they said I had rhinitis and a deviated septum, most likely a sinus issue. Hope this helps

Another one for sinus then.
Maybe I should get it checked out.

Thanks