PDA

View Full Version : day 8 of duloxetine, does the flat feeling pass?

Kiwi_87
05-04-17, 20:02
Im only on 30mg day 8. after about a week of being on these meds I now feel really flat and its not a nice feeling... does this pass?

Thanks xx

panic_down_under
05-04-17, 23:07
Im only on 30mg day 8. after about a week of being on these meds I now feel really flat and its not a nice feeling... does this pass?

Yes, it usually does. However, as with most of the initial antidepressant side-effects it may return for a short while after dose increases.

Kiwi_87
06-04-17, 14:41
thank you, its weird because this flat feeling only started in the 2nd week into taking? not sure why. X

panic_down_under
06-04-17, 22:37
thank you, its weird because this flat feeling only started in the 2nd week into taking? not sure why. X

I guess your brain got to that particular tipping point at that time. Antidepressants can cause weird symptoms at the beginning, very few of which have any significance in the longer term.

When do you increase to 60mg?

Kiwi_87
06-04-17, 22:47
Yeah its weird as I was unusually tearful during week 1, and now unusually flat now I'm in week 2. I'm hoping it just means that its levelling out before a mood lift? I should be seeing my gp on Tuesday but she said she wanted to see how this week went first before looking at dose. I'm not sure if shell keep me at same dose or will want to increase. Xx

---------- Post added at 22:47 ---------- Previous post was at 22:45 ----------

Im still having to rely on my PRN quetiapine to get me off to sleep, and ideally I'd like to come off it in the future, so I'm really hoping that the insomnia is a temporary side effect too xx

panic_down_under
07-04-17, 01:31
Im still having to rely on my PRN quetiapine to get me off to sleep, and ideally I'd like to come off it in the future, so I'm really hoping that the insomnia is a temporary side effect too xx

Insomnia is usually a temporary initial side-effects, but as with everything about antidepressants, YMMV. Perhaps, more than with nearly every other category of medication, antidepressant responses and side-effects are determined by how the med meshes with individual biology. It is impossible to predict individual outcomes.

Kiwi_87
07-04-17, 09:23
yeah I'll just see where I'm at on tuesday

Kiwi_87
22-04-17, 19:47
update: nearly 4 weeks in now, no benefit, continued insomnia, numb, flat, lethargic, even on decreased dose. gp appointment on Tuesday. will ask to switch.

panic_down_under
22-04-17, 22:34
update: nearly 4 weeks in now, no benefit, continued insomnia, numb, flat, lethargic, even on decreased dose. gp appointment on Tuesday. will ask to switch.

Imho, it's too early to draw any conclusions yet. Antidepressants can take up to 12 weeks to kick-in. But your GP will be better placed to make that call.

Kiwi_87
23-04-17, 18:18
they said it would be ok for me to switch x