PDA

View Full Version : Post nasal drip and swallowing

RubyBelle
05-04-17, 20:50
So I feel I have had this post nasal drip for ages..feels worse in the morning and throat and mouth feel dry. Roof of mouth gets itchy sometimes. Have to wait ages to see doctor, but also I see you get a lot of constant swallowing as main symptom- I a m not aware of constantly swallowing, would it be conciously? I am still just only thinking about it when I become aware of it, but would this involuntary swallowing continually be something am aware of? I don't know.

raggamuffin
05-04-17, 20:57
All symptoms of stress and anxiety. A dry mouth can lead to irritation such as itchiness on the roof of the mouth. Feelings of post nasal drip, phlegm, lump in the throat or difficulty swallowing are very common with anxiety and stress.

A little tip before you go to a Dr is this. Google (yup what people with health anxiety are told NOT to use) "Anxiety" + your symptom.

So in your case "anxiety throat symptoms"

And lo and behold the first link has:

Feeling like your throat muscles are tight.
Feeling like you have a tight band around your throat.
Feeling like you have a lump or tightness in your throat.
Constant lump in the throat feeling.
A tight throat feeling that comes and goes.
Anxiety throat tension and tenderness.
Throat pressure.
A tightness in the throat thyroid area.
Feels like there is something tied around the throat.
Globus Hystericus.
Globus anxiety.
Feel there is something blocking the throat or airway.

Accepting anxiety and stress are causing your body to have symptoms is the first and also the biggest hurdle to get over. But once you realize the old saying "mind over matter" is exactly what anxiety and bodily symptoms are, you will start to reduce the fear and worry around symptoms and in turn reduce the symptoms themselves.

Ed