PDA

View Full Version : Sarcoma Cancer Freak Out

cw75
05-04-17, 23:24
Hello I posted yesterday about a horizontal hard lump (feels like part of the muscle) and dent in my right quad and just got done being seen by doctor. She didn't really know what it was....fatty deposits or some muscle abnormality possibly from leaning on a bathroom counter when I put my make up on. To be sure it's not anything more sinister she has scheduled an MRI and full blood work. I am freaking out that I have Sarcoma!!! The lump area is almost linear and feels like muscle has been pushed up and an indentation below. I an fairly fit and have been doing alot of leg squats and stairs lately. Hoping it's related to that but now have to wait a week to even get the MRI and then results. I don't know how I am going to survive this waiting game and endless thoughts I may have cancer. Help!

misstechie
13-04-17, 23:39
Hi, I'm sure everything will be ok! I found a thigh lump recently and am going in for an appointment tomorrow. I completely know how you feel. I hate waiting for results especially since I've been googling sarcoma :( But luckily it is very rare so hopefully we will both be ok!

bin tenn
14-04-17, 00:01
I have had two in my right thigh for a few years or more. Hasn't changed. Pretty sure it's a lipoma, which I have several of elsewhere. Yours sounds harmless, IMO. I hope you do well with the appointment.

NervUs
14-04-17, 00:41
You are not alone!

I'm waiting on biopsy results from a lump in my toe bone. It's either in the bone or a soft tissue mass (like something benign or a sarcoma). The biopsy experience was a hot mess as he had to jam and cram to get anything (he was expecting a cyst but found a solid mass). I thought the mass felt smaller after the biopsy, but now it just seems the same as it was before, so maybe it has grown back (but it's only been a week) or maybe it never really was smaller. You can definitely feel still the lump.

Waiting isn't the best, but keeping busy helps. And NOT googling. I have resolved that dwelling won't change whatever it is. I have chosen not to suspend my crazy iife- I am so busy with 3 kids, big project at work, husband, and stuff that there is always something competing for my attention and I make sure the "solid mass" loses the competition,

FWIW, I wish I had been sent for an ultrasound or MRI. I feel like my care was bungled. I went to a small town doctor./podiatrist Usually the doctors around here are awesome and instill confidence, but this guy just wailed on my toe then asked questions later. I think he was flustered that he found something solid down there and didn't know what to do.

I see I have succeeded in turning this into a comment about me, lol. But, you are not alone and there's nothing to do but sit with the waiting. It will be over soon enough and, hopefully, this will turn out a 2 week blip from our lives that we ultimately forget about b/c the results were benign. That is the most likely thing!!!!

Leah88
14-04-17, 07:45
[QUOTE=NervUs;1668268]You are not alone!

I'm waiting on biopsy results from a lump in my toe bone. It's either in the bone or a soft tissue mass (like something benign or a sarcoma). The biopsy experience was a hot mess as he had to jam and cram to get anything (he was expecting a cyst but found a solid mass). I thought the mass felt smaller after the biopsy, but now it just seems the same as it was before, so maybe it has grown back (but it's only been a week) or maybe it never really was smaller. You can definitely feel still the lump.

I'm pretty sure sarcomas only grow on large bones not tarsals ... only Metz grow on smaller bones but it wouldn't be that unless you have a primary. I'm betting it's just calcification if that helps.

And regarding the original post it's very unlikely to be chondro sarcoma unless you are going through a growth spurt as it's statistically one of the rarest cancers.

NervUs
15-04-17, 00:25
[QUOTE=NervUs;1668268]You are not alone!

I'm pretty sure sarcomas only grow on large bones not tarsals ... only Metz grow on smaller bones but it wouldn't be that unless you have a primary. I'm betting it's just calcification if that helps.

And regarding the original post it's very unlikely to be chondro sarcoma unless you are going through a growth spurt as it's statistically one of the rarest cancers.

Thanks Leah...unfortunately, I did a little research and, while rare, you can get sarcomas in the toes and foot. Synovial sarcoma is the most common....Unfortuantely, lol, I can't even put mets out of my mind. I get lumps chronically and have had to have biopsies and imaging...so, if one of them was missed. Gah.

I know benign causes are more likely. Personally, I am rooting for giant cell tumor of the tendon sheath as I am just the right age for that one!!!! :roflmao:

cw75
13-05-17, 21:59
Just wanted to update....had the MRI of thigh muscle dent and it is a muscle tear. Not painful at all. So nothing serious thankfully! Hope all of you who posted are doing well.