PDA

View Full Version : Worried about bump on armpit.

ladyrichardson
06-04-17, 00:28
Hello Everyone,

I'm hoping you'll be able to help me out with this worry.
On Sunday evening I was scratching my armpit and felt a small bump on my left armpit. On closer inspection the bump was sticking out a little bit but was almost white in colour, it wasn't sore at this point either. When I look at it closely I can see 2 little black dots which almost look like they should be hairs but hadn't grew if that makes sense? It had been 2-3 days since I shaved before that night and it definitely wasn't there when I shaved so it must have popped up within those days.
That night I shaved my armpits taking care not to go near this bump. I've kept an eye on it over the last couple of days, it has felt slightly tender when wearing restrictive clothes and maybe when I move my arm a certain way but it's more a dull throb on and off as opposed to a constant pain. I have noticed the skin surrounding it become a little bit red as well. While the armpit hair surrounding it has been growing those 2 little dots haven't changed/grown either.
I've got an appointment with the nurse to show her it but it's not for another 8 days, I am trying to see if I can get something sooner as it's something that's playing on my mind a lot and really starting to stress me out. My health anxiety has been a bit more calmer the last couple of weeks then this has appeared and put me back to square one again.
If anyone could offer any help it would be much appreciated as always!
I've attached pictures so people can see what I'm talking about.
The 1st one was taken about a minute after I first noticed it, as I said it had been a few days since shaving so apologies for the hairy armpits!
The 2nd one is how it looked over the last couple of days and the 3rd one is how it looks this evening.
Many thanks once again for taking the time to read and any answers/help/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Fishmanpa
06-04-17, 00:35
Ingrown hair/pimple... no more....

Positive thoughts