PDA

View Full Version : Is This The Ectopic Cure???????????????

angiebaby
27-04-07, 21:29
Hi, i started on omeprazole two and a half weeks ago and this med on it's own did not get rid of my ectopic heartbeats. It did help though, they became less. But........
I have done lots of research and spoke to lots and lots of people and i think that i have an ulcer/reflux or an hiatus hernia and have looked at my diet and altered it accordingly to these specific conditions. So now i eat:
Chicken, Turkey, anything ONLY with semi-skimmed/skimmed milk, rice, pasta, noodles, fish, banana's, apples, rusks, wotsits crips/chedders - they are baked, chicken and noodle cup a soup, egg, broccoli, peas, corn, carrots and i am not supposed to but i do still drink tea. I love my tea. I drink water of course too.
You can get proper diet sheets off the web for the above conditions, see what works for you. It is a problem, knowing what to eat, etc, etc, but is it worth it, to get rid of those horrid ectopics.
I cannot have anthing with batter, full fat milk, chocolate, any crisps that are not baked, butter, anything citrus, or anything with citric acid in it, anything with fat - burgers, fast food, ham, bacon, sausage, cheese, the list goes on and on.
When i went shopping for this non fat, low fat diet, i could not believe how difficult it was to find things, it was ridiculous, the amount of food that has citric acid in for a start, was amazing.
But i must say for the past 6 days, since i started to diet on Saturday, i have only had 6 ectopic heart beats. And these i can explain away. The first one i had was after eating a tiny sponge/strawberry pudding, i think it was to heavy for my stomach although it did not have anything in it that i could not have. The next two were probably because i had some upset at home and was sobbing all night! And the three i have had today was because half an hour after i had my tea i cuddled up on the chair to watch the tv. My stomach must have been constricted.
So there you go, have we found a cure. I am hoping though that when my stomach is healed, or even treated, if we find out what it is, that i will be able to eat a normal diet again and be back to normal anyway. Don't want to think that i will have to eat like this for the rest of my life, but i suppose just for now, it isn't too bad! LOL.
I thought i would share this with you all to see if anyone who suffered a lot with ectopic heart beats and was scared by them, as i am, would like to give this a go and see if it helps them.
Let me know if anyone has any success with it won't you. x

joolee
28-04-07, 21:46
Cheers ang i will definitly try this i have noticed when i start to eat a bit more healthy my ectopics cease now i realy only get them when i have my monthlys xx

Piglet
29-04-07, 00:10
Thanks for that Angie and if nothing else you will know that you are eating healthily won't you hun.

keep us informed on how you progress with it.

Love Piglet :flowers:

edwardthebear
29-04-07, 20:47
Hello Angie, I am so pleased for you that you seem to have found a working solution to your problem. I am convinced that in a lot of people who experience ectopics (By no means am I saying all of them) that there are stomach/digestive system related issues associated.
Good luck with your new diet regime, I hope that your improvement is continued and long term x