PDA

View Full Version : on the verge of panic - twitches

Scotttt
06-04-17, 03:03
I was doing some squats and I noticed that my quad muscles twitch while my muscle is flexed and stops as soon as It is relaxed.They are fine twitches that I can't feel but can see. Ive read that contraction twitches are not good(MND). Im so sick of these twitches and anxiety.

This has sent me into a panic.

any help is appreciated

Fishmanpa
06-04-17, 03:05
This (https://www.mentalhealth.gov/get-help/index.html) would be a good place to start.

Positive thoughts

Josh1234
06-04-17, 03:07
The whole flexed/unflexed stuff is complete myth and total BS. As is the whole "can't feel, can't see" or whatever else. Neuros don't give a damn about twitches or what they look like. They are only as bad as the company they keep.

The humor shouldn't be lost on you that you're complaining about ALS fear while having a weighted barbell strapped to your back. It is a disease of paralysis, after all.

Scotttt
06-04-17, 03:10
I just went to a therapy session today (ironically). The more I try to fight the anxiety the worse it gets it seems.

The twitches in flexed muscle really is freaking me out.

Josh1234
06-04-17, 03:13
Ok, well, I just told you it's myth, so if you continue to freak out, you're just needlessly torturing yourself.

---------- Post added at 02:13 ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 ----------

And yes, that's correct. The way out is NOT fighting it. The way out is living. I once had the ALS phobia, now I do not.

Scotttt
06-04-17, 03:13
The humor shouldn't be lost on you that you're complaining about ALS fear while having a weighted barbell strapped to your back. It is a disease of paralysis, after all.[/QUOTE]

I know how ridiculous it is. Tomorrow Im sure ill be able to laugh about this.

I hate how irrational this damn anxiety can be. I was fine all day then I nitpick some little thing to freak out about.

Scotttt
06-04-17, 13:19
Thanks for replying last night.

This morning I'm a little more calm.

I'm still anxious about contraction fasiculations, but I can look at them with a little more perspective today.

I'm just feeling drained and at my wits end

Josh1234
06-04-17, 14:22
Why be anxious over something that is 100% meaningless?

Scotttt
06-04-17, 17:34
I know my random twitches are meaningless.

It's the twitches when my muscle is flexed they are concerning. I can't get out of my head a thing that I read that contraction fasiculations are a sign of MND. I know a lot of people say it doesn't matter where or how you twitch as long as there Is no weakness.

There is just so much conflicting information.

I guess that's why you're not supposed to google right?[COLOR="blue"]

---------- Post added at 16:34 ---------- Previous post was at 13:47 ----------

Thanks for all the help. If anyoe else has words of wisdom I'd greatly appreciate

Fishmanpa
06-04-17, 18:02
Thanks for all the help. If anyoe else has words of wisdom I'd greatly appreciate

"Life is 10% what happens to us, 90% how we handle it" Charles Swindoll

Get help and learn how to handle it better ;)

Positive thoughts

Josh1234
07-04-17, 01:52
There is no conflicting info that actually matters. Listen to me again, as I know more about ALS/BFS than a lot of doctors at this point - contracted/relaxed twitching means NOTHING, and is clinically INSIGNIFICANT. Period.

Scotttt
07-04-17, 04:35
Thanks for being putting up with me.

After a couple rough days I'm finally starting to realize it really is "no weakness, no problem".

I appreciate all the support.

Josh1234
07-04-17, 14:09
Thats it. Weakness. Top neuros would laugh in your face if you told them your squat twitches meant ALS. Literally laugh. You're fine.

nivekc251
07-04-17, 16:48
You become so obsessed with this fear that you associate random symptoms to it. Like numbness tingling and pain. Youre are associating a natural reaction to muscles lifting weights with ALS. You have to relax and go about your day and try to not give a f*** about your twitches. Twitching isn't als it's bfs.