PDA

View Full Version : Got checked for blood clot in leg today, still don't believe the negative result.

panickingsince98
06-04-17, 05:02
This morning I woke up with horrible leg pain. I went to hospital and they did an ultrasound to see if I had a blood clot - it came back negative, and the doctor sent me home saying that they had looked through my entire leg and couldn't find anything. He did mention, however, that it is hard to get a good look into the ankle, and that if there was a clot in there I would notice swelling in the ankle area (however he said that this was extremely unlikely, as I wasn't experiencing ankle pain.)

I am still experiencing leg pain, and I am very scared that they missed a blood clot. I don't want to look up how accurate ultrasounds are for diagnosing blood clots in legs because I know that if it's less than 100% accurate, I'm going to panic. I have no idea where the leg pain came from - it's mainly in the calf and feels like burning. Kinda like a torn muscle, but I haven't done anything lately to cause a torn muscle. Should I believe the doctor? He seemed pretty confident that I would be okay.

ServerError
06-04-17, 06:34
What is the alternative to believing the doctor? Why wouldn't you believe the person with all the medical training? If you can't believe the doctor, who will you believe?