PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Outlandish
06-04-17, 09:31
Hi all :shades:

I’m from Denmark. I’ve been suffering from GAD for many years.

5 years ago I got very sick with anxiety and depression, and have never fully recovered since. I now only work less than half time.

I grew up as the youngest in a very dysfunctional family with an alcoholic mother and a dominating stepfather, a brother, stepsister and stepbrother.
Nobody in my family got along, so it was like growing up In a war zone never knowing when the next conflict blew up and what the outcome was. I tried my best to please everybody, hoping that I cut keep the peace. I was the “easy child”, doing well in school, never causing any problems. But I was ruining my self. As I hit adult life I had no more resources, I had no tools to create a healthy life in balance, and no way to know my own needs or to express them. Instead I ended up anxious and depressed.

I do have happy days with my own family, but I live with GAD every second, trying not to let it take over to much. If it really gets a hold on me, the depression kicks in as well.

venusbluejeans
06-04-17, 09:48
Hiya Outlandish and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: