PDA

View Full Version : Painful Freckle - Trying to remain calm

HopelessWorrier2011
06-04-17, 15:08
I have a light but prominent freckle on my arm it's very round not scaly or sore but when I touch it it feels tender like it's bruised. Could this be anything sinister? I don't think it's changed and isn't scabbing or bleeding. I have become obsessed with skin cancer at the moment. I am fair skin and red hair and haven't looked after my skin th best I should of, when I was 11 I severely burn and blistered on my arms and have burnt there often afterwards xx

Emmaisworried
06-04-17, 21:03
It's unlikely to be. Try not to touch it and see how it feels in a few days. How did you realise it was sore to touch?

HopelessWorrier2011
06-04-17, 21:46
I honestly don't know, I am scanning my body lately the HA has gotten that bad so I don't know if I have purposely prodded it or if I have felt a sensation. Honestly petrified of what I'm going to find next xx

GlassPinata
07-04-17, 01:57
I actually got a pimple under a mole one time. :wacko:
It freaked me out, I thought the mole was developing into skin cancer, but it was just a pimple.
Give the freckle a few days and see if the pain stops. There could be a pimple or ingrown hair on or near it, or maybe you bumped, bruised, or irritated the area.

Best of luck.

HopelessWorrier2011
07-04-17, 16:03
I know your right and usually I probably wouldn't give it a second thought but because I am deep in the mist of this episode every slight little thing is severely freaking me out. I'm exhausted and so scared. Thank you for your response xx