PDA

View Full Version : I want a normal life with no more health anxiety

emanticoff73
06-04-17, 17:31
Hi, I am a new member. I have read forums and decided now to join. I have had health anxiety my whole life. But now it is out of control. I even have anxieties about my children and husbands health. I literally check my children over everyday for bumps, bruises, lumps,you name it. Do they look to pale or are they loosing weight. My day usually goes like this- Omg he coughed (my 8yr old)_, is it a tumor pressing on his lungs,or my baby has a rash so it must be lupus. Forget about what i think i have most of the time. It's a monkey on my back . I never drop my shoulders. I like to explain it as defensive living. Does anyone else find this familiar. If so i would love to hear your story and some advice!:unsure:

venusbluejeans
06-04-17, 17:52
Hiya emanticoff73 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Bigboyuk
06-04-17, 18:46
Hi and welcome Emanticoff73 glad you have joined this caring community :) What a story you have. Are you in contact with your Dr over this and have they offered you any help? Hope you find the answers to your problems Cheers

emanticoff73
12-04-17, 21:52
Thank you for the welcome guys.

ashyam86343
14-04-17, 16:59
Hey.
Why do you think like that, any bad incidents?

Bigboyuk
14-04-17, 17:47
Hey.
Why do you think like that, any bad incidents? Basically it's how HA sufferers think Eg: they have a lump then irrational thinking takes over oh it has to be cancer when more often it isn't :) Often they will Dr Google too only making their thinking much worse It's a terrible condition to have. Cheers

CHELLEB1017
14-04-17, 18:18
You sound like me except here is the funny part if something is wrong with my loved ones I think totally rationally! But myself I think it's all over and have a foot in the grave already!

Bigboyuk
14-04-17, 18:25
You sound like me except here is the funny part if something is wrong with my loved ones I think totally rationally! But myself I think it's all over and have a foot in the grave already! And that's the irrational thinking comes in! So perhaps think (especially if its exactly the same problem as your loved ones) rationally maybe :) Cheers

CHELLEB1017
14-04-17, 18:31
Trust me I try! Easier said than done!!! But I am working on it :D

Bigboyuk
14-04-17, 19:10
Trust me I try! Easier said than done!!! But I am working on it :D Hi Never said it would be easy, but glad you are working on it take baby steps daily get tools in place to help you and it will work :) Cheers

CHELLEB1017
14-04-17, 19:32
Thank You!

Bigboyuk
14-04-17, 19:34
Thank You! You are welcome :)