PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else experience vision issues?

alongthelakeshore
06-04-17, 23:23
So I've been to both the neurologist and ophthalmologist about this, so it's nothing too serious. But I'm still a bit worried as to what could be causing my vision issues, could it be anxiety/depression? :o in low lighting I get big swirling colorful lights around my field of vision, and after I go from a light room to a dark one I see moving flashing blobs, if that makes sense. I also, on a daily basis, get random small dots of different colors that appear for a few seconds then disappear. Could these all be caused by visual migraine? these happen almost every day! And could the migraine be caused by stress/anxiety/depression? Does anyone else experience something similar? Thank you.

Jotia
06-04-17, 23:40
I get all sorts of weird stuff in my vision including a persistent swirling pattern when I'm in the sun and random blobs of colour, it started about 4 years ago and I havnt had it checked over because I'm too scared to be honest, but hey I'm still here.

alongthelakeshore
07-04-17, 00:29
I get all sorts of weird stuff in my vision including a persistent swirling pattern when I'm in the sun and random blobs of colour, it started about 4 years ago and I havnt had it checked over because I'm too scared to be honest, but hey I'm still here.

Yes I've had it for about a year now, got it checked and they didn't seem to think much of it. Plus I'm 19 so most of the very worrying serious things are pretty unlikely. Hm. Glad to know I'm not the only one though! Thanks.

Mommyof2boys
07-04-17, 04:34
I have had two aura migraines in my life and they both started with a neon rainbow and white lightning shapes cloud growing across my field of vision and staying for a while and then it goes away and I have the worst migraine of my life. And I rarely get headaches. Haven't had one in months and months. One of the auras were because of a spike in blood pressure (i was pregnant). Another vision thing I got when I was pregnant was if I put my neck in certain positions I would see like tiny sparkles like snow all in my vision for a few seconds. I had it the other night and I'm not pregnant but I had went from standing to sitting on the floor as fast as possible so I think it was blood pressure related.

I used to get black dots in my vision to the point I was swatting "bugs" that weren't there. And for the last 6 or 7 months I have been having like one tiny white/rainbow for that appears in my visions every once in a while. It's very odd but hasn't gotten better or worse.

FreakOutQueen
07-04-17, 14:04
Oh my goodness you are not alone there honey! I get this too. All of what you described. I think anxiety makes your pupils bigger so they react differently to changes in lighting and make after images worse. I went down the vision rabbit hole a few years ago and find the more I focus on it, the worse it is. I'm sure you are fine! Good thoughts!!!

WoodChucker
07-04-17, 14:22
Oh my goodness you are not alone there honey! I get this too. All of what you described. I think anxiety makes your pupils bigger so they react differently to changes in lighting and make after images worse. I went down the vision rabbit hole a few years ago and find the more I focus on it, the worse it is. I'm sure you are fine! Good thoughts!!!

I am going through some vision anxiety myself at the moment and it drives me crazy. I overfocus my eyes by staring at walls just to check my eyes out, which makes me see all kind of strange dots and patterns.
Also afterimages freak me out, especially when I move my eyes quickly, as do things I don't expect on things (like a smudge or something). Beeing this hyperalert on my vision completely drives me crazy and I don't know if I am seeing dots bc of it and that they were already there or if they are new.

Panda22
07-04-17, 16:10
My vision goes a little blurry sometimes, and i have to focus and get it clear again..