PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone take Serequel or Olanzapine at Night and Drive/work the bnext day?

Mermaid16
07-04-17, 06:00
Hi! I currently take Olanzapine at night and don't think I could be awake enough to drive/work if I took it in the morning or during the day. Is it the same for Serequel? Thank you. I take it for anxiety/depression.

panic_down_under
07-04-17, 07:17
Hi! I currently take Olanzapine at night and don't think I could be awake enough to drive/work if I took it in the morning or during the day. Is it the same for Serequel?

Olanzapine has a much longer half-life, an average of 33 hours compared to 7-9 for Seroquel (quetiapine), so tends to be fairly sedating most of the time. But I know some taking Seroquel have trouble getting out of bed before noon too. Both can certainly affect driving ability and driving while affected could result in heavy fines.

Mermaid16
07-04-17, 07:31
I have taken 2.5mg at night and still drive the next day. I am currently increasing the dosage because the Nortriptyline I am taking doesn't seem to be working for my anxiety. My Nortriptyline blood levels are only at 70 (I take 100mg a day), so was thinking maybe I should try to get my levels up to 100 and see if it works before writing it off. I just seem to be treatment resistant. I have tried ect and that seemed to help for s few months, but then I relapsed again (I did only have 5 sessions though). I was thinking maybe lithium and Nortriptyline may work. I have read some studies. I have anxious depression and when the anxiety is bad I struggle to function. ACT Therapy has helped, but I can't keep going on that alone. I think the psych is just about at her wits end with what to try.

Mermaid16
09-04-17, 07:20
Bump

Benjammin69
09-04-17, 12:19
Hi! I currently take Olanzapine at night and don't think I could be awake enough to drive/work if I took it in the morning or during the day. Is it the same for Serequel? Thank you. I take it for anxiety/depression.

Hi mermaid! Happy Sunday :-)

I take seroquel XR 150mg and I also take mirtazapine 45mg, o have no problems driving after I've taken it or the next morning. I've read somewhere the modified release version produces less sedating side effects

Did olanazapine help your anxiety?