PDA

View Full Version : My anxiety won today

supermom
07-04-17, 15:35
I'm bringing my daughter to the dr this morning. I know she's fine. But I have to do it. I'm making her miss her dance class because of my anxiety. I'm so mad at myself.

snowghost57
07-04-17, 15:46
Then why are you dragging your daughter into YOUR anxiety? Have you spoken to your doctor about medication and/or therapy? Anxiety does not WIN, you need to learn tools on how you are in control of your brain, not the other way around. There are some excellent posts on the GAD threads. Take care of yourself.

Kuatir
07-04-17, 16:03
Somedays anxiety wins. Beating means that it wins less and less days. So I get it, I really do. However this has to be having an effect on your daughter.

HopelessWorrier2011
07-04-17, 16:04
Does your daughter have any illness? x

scaredmama26
07-04-17, 17:02
Please don't do this to your daughter!! Unless there is something wrong with her, don't let your anxiety fall upon her.

Anxiety disorders do have hereditary ties so there's already a chance your daughter will develop anxiety as she gets older. Don't be a factor in making that chance even higher.

I grew up watching my mom panic over everything and now I'm the same way. But I do everything I absolutely can not to show any signs of anxiety in front of my daughter. I NEVER want her to go through what I go through on a day to day basis.

Hopefully you read these comments and reconsider before taking your daughter in to the doctor.