PDA

View Full Version : Numbness

MrsBritty
07-04-17, 23:52
I've suffered every imaginable anxiety symptom. I had a recent flare up of physical symptoms headaches, twitching, random aches and pains. I developed vertigo after my recent flare up which my neurologist suggested was an inner ear problem. Since then I swear the right side of my body is numb. Has anyone ever had numbness on one side of your body? The right side of my body feels completely foreign to my left. My husband is comforting me & telling me that while the sensation is real it is being caused by anxiety. Like many of you I have had normal Brain MRI, spine & neck MRI, & EEG.

ElectricAlice
08-04-17, 13:20
OMG I get this on the left side of my body. I think it occurs because we focus and obsess. I get really bad depersonalisation in the worst periods of my anxiety, and sometimes I look at my hand and I'm like 'this doesn't feel like my hand' - and then my whole left side of body feels almost phantom.

I've had a clear MRI too.

Apparently it's a common symptom of panic and anxiety. My dad had it too and he's fit as a fiddle in his 60's now. (He had it at a stressful time in his 20's).

My advice would be to just accept it's a weird but non threatening symptom. Just have a laugh about it if you can :)