PDA

View Full Version : Ear Wax Removal Concern

SGA
08-04-17, 01:01
I'm due to get my ears irrigated in about a week as I have had ringing in my ears, mainly left ear, for about two weeks. I don't know whether ear wax is responsible or not, I do have quite a build-up inside my left ear, which could be causing it. Not sure. I personally believe Citalopram (an antidepressant) I was on for three weeks was responsible, though the ear wax could be making it louder. Since the noise in my right ear is much fainter than the noise in my left.

However, I'm worried the ear wax removal will only make the ringing worse.

I'm using olive oil right now to soften the wax but it doesn't seem to be making much of a difference to the noise.

Do you think I should go ahead with the ear cleaning or wait a bit longer and see if this resolves itself naturally?

GlassPinata
08-04-17, 01:19
I'm due to get my ears irrigated in about a week as I have had ringing in my ears, mainly left ear, for about two weeks. I don't know whether ear wax is responsible or not, I do have quite a build-up inside my left ear, which could be causing it. Not sure. I personally believe Citalopram (an antidepressant) I was on for three weeks was responsible, though the ear wax could be making it louder. Since the noise in my right ear is much fainter than the noise in my left.

However, I'm worried the ear wax removal will only make the ringing worse.

I'm using olive oil right now to soften the wax but it doesn't seem to be making much of a difference to the noise.

Do you think I should go ahead with the ear cleaning or wait a bit longer and see if this resolves itself naturally?

The ear cleaning won't hurt, and it may help, so what have you got to lose?
I think you should go forward with it.

Best wishes.

Fishmanpa
08-04-17, 02:08
I personally believe Citalopram (an antidepressant) I was on for three weeks was responsible

From a health forum... (thanks Google!)

Ear wax is found among people who take Celexa, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old

I think you're Ok here ;)

Positive thoughts

Nzxt27
08-04-17, 06:46
Best way to get rid of a stopped up ear. Take a syringe and warm water with proxide mixed into it and have might need bucket or towel below your ear or do it in bathtub. Keep squirting that in it and it will get rid of it all. Want to know how I know? When I was younger I never really cleaned my ears much and I got a ear infection that lead to me waking up one night and it felt like someone was literally stabbing me in the ear with a big knife. I went to the ER and that's what they did to get it all out. Was gross and embarrassing but it works! Never found anything that will get your ears as clean to this day. Sure procide will break some of it up over time but this will flush every bit of it out if your ear.

Ellecee
08-04-17, 07:40
I had horrid tinnitus that was greatly reduced after I had my ears flushed. Trust me, you'll be so much happier!