View Full Version : Should i see a doctor about my tonsils

Thelegend27
08-04-17, 08:34
Im not here for a diagnoses i am aware thats not possible on the internet, im just here for some advice.

Today i woke up and my throat felt weird and when i swallowed it felt like something was in my throat, so i went to the mirror and shined a light in my mouth and seen a lot of white stuff in the crypts of my tonsils, after looking online i was left with a bacterial infection or tonsil stones, and by pictures it looks alot more like bacterial, my throat isn't sore at all, i did however just get over stuffy sinuses and some congestion i coughed up greenish mucus for several days im just now getting it all cleared up, i heard green mucus is a sign of a bacterial infection like a cold so can it ve possible that some of that bacteria i was coughing up may have got into my tonsils? I have always coughed up little tonsil stones, and ive had my share of sore throats and i have also had tonsillitis, for a while last year i was wake up feeling like something was in my throat but when i swallowed it went away, but i blamed that on acid reflux because it didnt happen if i didn't eat before bed. Well thats what's going on, so whats your thoughts, is it worth seeing my doctor over or should i wait and see if it clears up?

Clydesdale Epona
08-04-17, 20:12
When it comes to tonsil issues the rule of thumb is to leave it for 3 - 4 days and if it hasn't cleared up then get it checked out x

All the best :hugs: