PDA

View Full Version : Hi all

carl.h
28-04-07, 13:43
I`m Carl a 50 year old self employed IT worker. Self employed because it`s a get out, if I don`t want to go out today...I don`t, like most things in my life the last 25 years. That`s the one thing I`ve learnt about agorophobia, it makes incredibly clever/cunning people out of us.

I`m married with 4 daughters....How much stress do I want, yeah I know ! :D

About 25 years ago I got my first panic attack, looking back it seem`s it was bought on simply by a person who was bothering me too much when I was already under duress (most of which was my own doing). Anyway ended up in outpatients as I had no clue back then, the usual diazepan from the doctor and off I set onto this life of limitations and panic.

I`ve done the counselling and the breathing technique courses etc., all to no avail. Waited for the magic pill to fix me...still waiting. I`ve still managed a life though, marriage, kids etc., but the limitations I set myself are vexing at times. I manage to go most places provided I`m no further than 20 yards from car....my womb, safe place.....God I wish I`d never learnt to drive at times. Why ? Cos I`d have been forced out otherwise, but here I am, stuck in my own sphere that I have built. I`ve too much pride to allow myself to undergo what have come to be known in the family as spastic attacks (legs wobbling unable to stand or breathe etc., ) in the street so I`m looking for the magic cure again which I know doesn`t exist....

Now I`m waffling......:blush:

groovygranny
28-04-07, 13:54
Hi Carl, big :welcome:to you!

Hey don't worry about waffling - I'm the waffling Queen!:wacko:

I'm 52, married with 3 daughters (one less stress than you, yey!), one grandson and another on the way (grandchild that is!:blush:) I also work in IT, but in education.

Nope, no magic pill I'm afraid - but then you know that already!

You'll get plenty of help, support - and a few laughs here!!

Take care!

:hugs:

Jaco45er
28-04-07, 14:08
Hiya Carl

I am a self-employed IT worker too, which suits my anxiety on bad days.

Welcome

Jaco

nomorepanic
28-04-07, 15:09
Hi Carl

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help and get you back out there again.

trac67
28-04-07, 15:22
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

honeybee3939
28-04-07, 16:59
Hi Carl

A BIG warm welcome to NMP, lovely to see you here:) i hope we can be of some help.:)

love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

SANDYJANE
28-04-07, 18:13
Hi and a big warm welcome.

Love Sandy xxx

Southern_Belle
28-04-07, 18:39
Hi Carl,

I want to welcome you to the site and you will find many here who will understand you, support you and laugh with you.

Laura :)

Pink Princess
28-04-07, 18:39
hi carl, welcome to the site, hope you find what you are looking for and make friends along the way. take karex xx x

carl.h
28-04-07, 20:45
Thanks all for the vey warm welcome. :D

If I waffle too much just tell me to shut up :blush:

eastender
28-04-07, 23:24
Hi Carl, welcome too NMP