PDA

View Full Version : Severe panic attack over melanoma fear

Leah88
08-04-17, 11:25
I have had 2 small black lesions appear on my abdomen and trunk over the past week. I showed my husband and he thinks they are haemangiomas where the blood has capped over black. I'm so worried as there are no doctors open tomorrow and all I can think of is nodular melanoma after watching my brother in law die with the lesions spreading all over his body. I'm 36 weeks pregnant so I'm hoping that it's vascular and not cancerous. Why are they so black though and not red?... I can't slow my heart rate or stop crying over this. I think I'm going to die from them. Any help would be appreciated. Is it just anxiety and could they be haemangiomas?... I scratched them off pretty easily and they did bleed a bit. I'm trying to stay off google but I do know already from old google days that melanoma is more common during periods of growth such as pregnancy.

Cakelady
08-04-17, 17:53
I am sorry you are so worried. I think there is a high chance your husband is right, dried blood can be very dark. Witnessing a loved one die from an illness can make your anxiety worse, I have been there. Your doing well to stay off google. Maybe try to make an appointment with your doctor to get these looked at if they dont go away for peace of mind & see if he can guide you to support for your anxiety too. Try to get some help so you can focus on staying strong for your little one. Hope all goes well, very best wishes xxx

Leah88
09-04-17, 04:36
Thanks for replying... I'm trying to keep calm today but it's sitting in the back of mind worrying me. Now that I've scratched them off they'd can't be biopsied either so that was stupid of me.

M00nlight
09-04-17, 11:01
Dried blood goes really dark, when I was pregnant I got a few blood blisters near the end, skin would peel off during a shower and heal up pretty quickly

kmm111
10-04-17, 14:49
This sounds exactly what I had after my c-section. It popped up out of nowhere and I too thought melanoma. It was black...pretty large. I ended up scratching it and it bled a little. A few days later I could tell it was healing, and then it went away. Scary, but it was nothing as I am sure yours is.

Leah88
10-04-17, 22:44
Thanks guys