PDA

View Full Version : Who's Feeling Lonely Right Now?

Bigboyuk
08-04-17, 13:40
Hi All I have today intense overwhelming loneliness and feel a failure at the same time trying so hard to get some meets and it's not happening so sadness is also with me today, Even felt like going back to bed all day, but know it wont solve anything atall I know if I walk down the road the pub garden will be full of people having a great time with their friends and it hurts. Whats up with me I feel no good and totally useless :weep: Cheers

MyNameIsTerry
09-04-17, 14:01
I hope you are feeling better, Dave.

I think we have to accept these down days, it helps to stop the spiralling. They can be very unpleasant though. I get less of them and I've stopped looking at others to think how jammy they are (which has helped) but I still have periods of feeling trapped by my symptoms & circumstances with it feeling hard to move forward. Staying in bed or going to bed early to get the day to end is very tempting.

It can help to get on with some tasks. Getting moving and things just getting done can help you to feel less useless & more motivated to keep going. Sometimes it just kills some time.

snowghost57
09-04-17, 15:22
Put on some upbeat music, that is what I do. Do one little thing, brush your teeth, wash a few dishes, take a shower, go outside for a walk! Sitting around and thinking isn't going to get you anywhere. Don't go back to bed! We are here for you!

GlassPinata
09-04-17, 15:25
I agree with the above advice. ^
I am always lonely on weekends when my son is at his dad's. But cleaning the house really helps my mood. Just get moving; do some chores or go outside for some fresh air.
Best wishes.

Bigboyuk
09-04-17, 15:34
Terry I am a little better today but it sure does suck big time and thanks to everyone for their kind words :) Love ya all have a great day!! ahh could go should I? And I mustn't take it personally but we do It's like I been messaging some one here only for a few days they basically replied back would really like a meet so lets set a date/time ok I thought got back to them basically saying how much notice do they require for a meet and nothing back off them so feel let down if you all follow?! Thanks for reading cheers

snowghost57
09-04-17, 15:41
Bigboy you can PM me anytime. I use a lap top so I"m on facebook, looking up recipes or listening to youtube music. You can get through this!

Bigboyuk
09-04-17, 15:50
Bigboy you can PM me anytime. I use a lap top so I"m on facebook, looking up recipes or listening to youtube music. You can get through this! Ahh ok thanks! Would email be ok too as I have to constantly empty my pm's out only 350 allowed LOL I can use the email link in your profile thanks again Cheers

Clydesdale Epona
09-04-17, 18:54
It's interesting to stumble onto this as i wrote a little literature about loneliness a couple of hours ago, i'm really sorry to hear you're feeling it too and i hope things start to improve x i'm always here if you need to exchange emails or anything and you still have my number if you ever need to call :) x

All the absolute best :hugs:

GlassPinata
09-04-17, 19:25
I'll tell you one thing that made me a lot less lonely: getting off Facebook and other social media!
I know it sounds weird, but it forced me to start interacting with others in a real way, rather than the fake way of social media, which only made me more lonely.
At one point I was like, "How can I have over 400 Facebook Friends, and not have a single person to actually talk to??"
And then I realized that those aren't real friends; half of them I've never even met in person. The rest are so busy trying to portray their perfect lives on FB, there is no room for any true interaction or connection. Meanwhile, I'm doing the same thing: trying to portray my life as better than it really is, posting only edited pictures of myself, only happy pictures of my kids. That's not real life. Who are we trying to impress?

If you ever find that social media makes you feel lonelier and more depressed, I'd recommend laying off it for a week. I was amazed at how much better I felt!

Bigboyuk
09-04-17, 20:02
It's interesting to stumble onto this as i wrote a little literature about loneliness a couple of hours ago, i'm really sorry to hear you're feeling it too and i hope things start to improve x i'm always here if you need to exchange emails or anything and you still have my number if you ever need to call :) x

All the absolute best :hugs: Thanks and yes I do still have your number I will call you :)

---------- Post added at 20:02 ---------- Previous post was at 19:57 ----------

I'll tell you one thing that made me a lot less lonely: getting off Facebook and other social media!
I know it sounds weird, but it forced me to start interacting with others in a real way, rather than the fake way of social media, which only made me more lonely.
At one point I was like, "How can I have over 400 Facebook Friends, and not have a single person to actually talk to??"
And then I realized that those aren't real friends; half of them I've never even met in person. The rest are so busy trying to portray their perfect lives on FB, there is no room for any true interaction or connection. Meanwhile, I'm doing the same thing: trying to portray my life as better than it really is, posting only edited pictures of myself, only happy pictures of my kids. That's not real life. Who are we trying to impress?

If you ever find that social media makes you feel lonelier and more depressed, I'd recommend laying off it for a week. I was amazed at how much better I felt! I quite agree with you :) I have never had a FB or Twitter account and never will do for that reason and other reasons too :)
Again quite agree on good old fashioned interaction can I get any can I heck so naturally think there is something wrong with me. Yes I go to my Changes meetings but it's all over after 90 mins and do 1 social event every month, but realise I need more even tried on here to no avail if you follow? Thanks Cheers