PDA

View Full Version : lump on the side of the armpit

TBPowa
08-04-17, 15:46
hello! today when taking a bath, i found a somewhat moveable pea sized lump right beside my left armpit (and i can't seem to find it anymore for some reason). if i knew if it hurt, it wouldn't make me panic, but yesterday i went to the gym so my armpits are extremely sore and i have no idea if that lump hurts or not, tho my left armpit is more painful than my right one. i don't think it could be a hair follicle since it's in a place without hair. so my anxiety is slowly rising, but i'm currently trying to stop it by writing this post. if you read my last thread, you know i'm currently obsessing over melanoma, and i have this weird mole on my left arm that i've been way like a hawk for a few months, so now my brain thinks that that "melanoma" is spreading and it's going to my lymph nodes and soon it's gonna be everywhere and i'm going to die. i'm also near my period so could that also be it?

GlassPinata
08-04-17, 17:30
hello! today when taking a bath, i found a somewhat moveable pea sized lump right beside my left armpit (and i can't seem to find it anymore for some reason). if i knew if it hurt, it wouldn't make me panic, but yesterday i went to the gym so my armpits are extremely sore and i have no idea if that lump hurts or not, tho my left armpit is more painful than my right one. i don't think it could be a hair follicle since it's in a place without hair. so my anxiety is slowly rising, but i'm currently trying to stop it by writing this post. if you read my last thread, you know i'm currently obsessing over melanoma, and i have this weird mole on my left arm that i've been way like a hawk for a few months, so now my brain thinks that that "melanoma" is spreading and it's going to my lymph nodes and soon it's gonna be everywhere and i'm going to die. i'm also near my period so could that also be it?

It is probably a lymph node. The ones in your armpits can become enlarged for a variety of reasons, most of them benign and harmless.
You should see a doctor if it doesn't go away in awhile, but it's probably nothing; a reaction to some minor infection, irritation, or injury.

Best wishes.