PDA

View Full Version : Scared and worried

Fearfull
08-04-17, 16:37
I need some help please I'm really scared and worried right now. For about a week my leg has been very painful but today it's worse I haven't been very active today because of the pain it's not swollen or red . I had a d dimer done 7 days ago which was normal but on top of it being painful I'm getting pains in left rib area so now I'm convinced I have a clot in leg and lung . Especially as I haven't been active much today it's a struggle to even walk to the bathroom. Don't know what to do can't go hospital because was there last Saturday where had d dimer done

Yoga*Lover
08-04-17, 20:33
Hiya!

Chances of it being a clot are very slim if your D dimer was negative. Even a positive d dimer doesn't always indicate a blood clot.
The pain in your leg is most likely some sort of strain. DVT usually presents with swelling, redness and is very hot to touch.
Anxiety can cause all sorts of pain. I'm a nurse on a respiratory ward so I look after a lot of people with blood clots on their lungs. They are normally increasingly short of breath, in lots of pain and tend to cough.
Usually if people have a negative d dimer we wouldn't even scan for a clot unless they had symptoms that suggested otherwise.
I don't think you have a clot :).
I also know that anxiety can make pains so much worse. I had a pain in my leg a couple of days ago that I was worrying about - it kept getting worse the more i focused on it. Then I got a stomach pain and my leg pain miraculously went away because I started to worry about something else. The mind is a right monkey xx
If you are really panicking though don't worry about going back to the hospital or out of hours GP - might help put your mind a rest