PDA

View Full Version : Dr Google has diagnosed me with spinal cancer...

Wilburis
08-04-17, 18:54
Hi

Ive been Googling and Dr Google has told me that my sore back, sore neck and sore muscles, stiff joints is because Ive got spinal cancer. :weep::weep:

Can someone knock some sense into me please?

GlassPinata
08-04-17, 19:15
I am friends with a woman who, about ten years ago, was diagnosed with a cancerous tumor on her spine.
Apparently the tumor was so slow-growing, she may have had it since childhood.
When it became large enough to cause symptoms, the only symptom was increasingly bad headaches.
Prior to this, she was a very active and athletic woman with two small children.
She underwent surgery to remove the tumor, and is now cancer-free, although they had to cut away some of her spine, and she walks stiffly and slowly now, sometimes with the aid of a cane.

The point of the story is, she had no symptoms but headaches, terrible ones, and I do not think she ever experienced any back or neck stiffness, as she was participating in sports and jogging daily at the time she was diagnosed.

Her cancer, I also recall her telling me, was very, very rare.

I should think there might be many more common reasosns for having sore muscles, back pain, and neck stiffness. F@ck Dr. Google. He's a quack, and according to him we're all going to be dead of cancer in a year's time. Stay away from that charlatan.
If your symptoms continue, see a real doctor. But I can almost guarantee you the problem is not spinal cancer, or cancer of any sort.

best wishes.

countrygirl
08-04-17, 21:15
Dr Google will always come up with worst case scenario which is why it is so bad. It all depends on search terms as well so if for example you put in say hard to breathe and anxiety you will get loads of sites that are about anxiety but just search hard to breathe and every lung cancer site will come up!

NancyW
08-04-17, 21:29
Dr Google will always come up with worst case scenario which is why it is so bad.
p!

So, so true. Why is that though? Why or who would put such frightening information out there. What's the point? Someone's sick joke?

Wilburis
08-04-17, 21:53
Thank you.

I have taken a couple of paracetomol and its quite a bit better.

xx

FreakOutQueen
08-04-17, 23:01
Back issues can be caused by anxiety/stress. I different through this for years! Constantly worrying I had terminal cancer from my back pain. It's 5 years later and I'm still here! I notice that it gets worse when I'm stressed. Have you noticed a correlation between your level of stress and pain? Or it could be your mattress or pillow. Good luck!!! I'm sure you are fine!