PDA

View Full Version : I should not have googled meningitis...

panickingsince98
08-04-17, 22:37
I've had a fever off-and-on for a week or so now. I have a stiff neck, although my chiropractor said that my neck was out of place this morning during my chiro appt, so I guess that explains it. I haven't thrown up yet, but I have had some nausea. I have an ear ache that I will get checked out this Monday, as it probably explains the fever, but then I looked up side effects of ear infections and ohh god :scared15:

So apparently, if left untreated, an earache can cause meningitis. I then looked up meningitis and I have *all of the warning signs*. The fever, the headache, the stiff neck, nausea (technically it says vomiting, but I'm saying that I have this symptom because I was very close to throwing up last night). I am soo scared that I have meningitis! I know I'll be seen by a doctor soon for my earache, but I'm scared that if I have meningitis, I'll die (?) by Monday!

That's what I get for googling, lol. I am very scared that all of this is much more than an out-of-place neck and an ear infection.

FreakOutQueen
08-04-17, 22:54
I highly doubt you have meningitis, but if you are in pain and think you have an ear infection, maybe a trip to urgent care for some antibiotics wouldn't be a bad idea?? Take deep breaths! I am sure you are just fine!!!

panickingsince98
08-04-17, 22:57
Oh I have been to the hospital so often recently lol, I'm trying to avoid going back so I don't become the boy who cried wolf. My fever is currently only around 37.1-37.3, but if it gets higher I'll consider going to the hospital. I'd rather go to the doctor's office at my university though, they're a lot quicker to treat illnesses and they're a lot nicer too, lol. I'm just scared that I won't make it until Monday.