PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety or signs of schizophrenia? Help

Maggierosales
10-04-17, 16:42
Hello everyone, I am new here. I have been struggling with anxiety and depression since I was 13 it comes on and off.
I had a daughter at 15 so it was a lot at the time and I went through PPD
but that seem to go away. I never received therapy or medication well fast forward to today I am 25 about a month and a half ago, I started getting panick attacks and my anxiety again only this time it
came full force. My GP and a councilor prescribed Celexa well it has been about a week and 3 days but now I feel extremely depressed.
I don't enjoy anything anymore I don't want to cook clean nothing.
I lost a ton of weight because I don't get hungry at all.
I google a lot which only makes my anxiety worst.
To makes matters worst I think one of my cousins had schizophrenia and now I worry sick everyday that I might be developing too.
I don't hear or see anything basically I don't have any symptoms except for the depression and the fact that I'm 25 and google says that's the age where you develop it. Omg idk I feel so worried. I have two girls and I would hate to develop it because I know it's a serious mental disease.
I feel for those who have it. I have an psychiatric evaluation today hoping to get some reassurance but I feel so hopeless. Help advice please.

.Poppy.
10-04-17, 21:39
Anxiety brings with it all kinds of nasty things, including depression, unfortunately.

You haven't been on the Celexa very long, and it's not uncommon to have start-up anxiety with SSRIs. If you're feeling very low, mention that to the psych, as maybe they'll put you on a different med. Celexa is an interesting choice; I thought most just went with Lexapro first as it's thought of as a more "updated" version of the medication.

You say you "think" one of your cousins had schizoprenia - but do you know for sure? It's not a super common mental illness and, while there can be a genetic component, if it was only a cousin and no one else, chances are high that it's not in YOUR family tree and you'll be just fine.