PDA

View Full Version : Blood Tests

HopelessWorrier2011
10-04-17, 21:40
Hello All,

I have recently been suffering with the most severe bout of health anxiety I have ever had. On Friday of last week I had a full blood count taken at my gp surgery. If there was anything bad found in the results would I have been informed by now? I live in the U.K. x

RobinJ123
10-04-17, 21:52
Did they tell you to phone them? Or go to the surgery? Or did they tell you they'll phone you? Maybe they tried to contact you but you weren't there, just because they haven't contacted you doesn't mean something serious is wrong.

What you can do is try to relax, take a deep breath and give them a ring when possible to ask if it's possible to ask for the blood test results, if it hasn't come back yet, most likely they're still checking or it takes time, or maybe the one doing test isn't there or maybe it depends when on Friday you did the test, they may have just done it today and will phone you tomorrow once everything is complete, if not, call them..

Best of luck!:)

HopelessWorrier2011
11-04-17, 00:23
They didn't say how I would get the results. I'm just thinking if there was anything serious then they would have got in touch as soon as possible. I'm just trying to reassure myself that no news is good news. Thank you for your response