PDA

View Full Version : Ct scans

Silveretta
11-04-17, 10:04
Hello I'm Agata and I am 21. I have severe health anxiety and can't cope with it. It comes and goes, but this year is really bad for me ! At the beggining of March I had an ultrasound on my neck done and a suspicious rounded lymph node was found. I made other ultrasounds and they said it is not too bad. But I was afraid it could be from head and neck cancer so I made CT scan of sinus on my own and a week ago neck scan on my own with dye. I also had stomach/pancreas pain and my liver enzymes were elevated, also had protein and ketones in my urine and something wrong with my kidney( I had an ultrasound) but I was afraid it could be pancreatic cancer so I made on my own abdominal ct(without pelvic) but it was a multiphase ct with dye and 2 times wiyh dye so it is like I made 3 times a ct!!!! On the cd I got is 605 photos... I am devastated because I wanted to help myself and made 3 ct scans in 2 weeks period,nobody adviced me that for a young woman an MRI would be better and it was not much more expensive :( now I am reading scary things on the Internet and I am sure I will get cancer from it in 10-15 years :(((((( I cannot forgive myself

swajj
11-04-17, 13:20
So what did the CT scans show?

NervUs
11-04-17, 14:50
What's done is done and it can't be undone, so you need to try to accept that you exposed yourself to a little bit of unnecessary risk. Find some way of letting it go.

In the future, don't order your own CT scans!!! Or any medical tests.

Silveretta
11-04-17, 17:48
So what did the CT scans show?

Nothing, everything is fine

armiva
12-04-17, 11:33
How are you able to conduct CT scans on your own? At age 21, I doubt you are a doc or nurse already with access to the machines.

Silveretta
12-04-17, 13:54
How are you able to conduct CT scans on your own? At age 21, I doubt you are a doc or nurse already with access to the machines.

I mean that any doctor did not send me to it, I went to the place where the tests are done and I paid and had it done, not from my insurance or so, because I used to go from doctor to doctor, had problems with belly pain, liver etc and they only gave blood tests and I was really worried what is going on inside me.

Fishmanpa
12-04-17, 18:29
Ok... some reality here...

I had head and neck cancer. Guess what I was treated with besides chemo? Yep... radiation. Enough to burn the skin off my neck and toast my throat to the point I could barely swallow. Add to that a CT scan before each treatment so they could make sure the radiation was aimed properly. Six weeks, five days a week, 30 total treatments.

A few CTs aren't going to cause you any long term issues. Just don't make a habit of chasing the wind and you'll be fine.

Positively,