PDA

View Full Version : Horrible night- please help

Chawk384
11-04-17, 11:58
So sometime around one am my daughter woke me up crying- after I got her settled I eventually feel asleep- but I woke up some after and felt like my whole body was vibrating/shaking- it was very very scary, then I finally got myself to calm down and I started to fall asleep again- I felt my whole body go numb and there was like a ringing in my ears, and I felt like I couldn't breath- I kept trying to move but I couldn't and I kept trying to yell help to my husband but I couldn't or I felt like he couldn't hear me- finally I snapped out of it, like I woke up from a dream- my body was not numb and I could breath just fine- what in the hell was this? I am so scared of dying in my sleep and that's exactly what this felt like- was this anxiety? Has anyone else experienced this before?

---------- Post added at 10:58 ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 ----------

Anyone?

Clydesdale Epona
11-04-17, 12:00
Could of been sleep paralysis, either way as scary it is i don't think it's a health concern x all the stress could be taking its toll on your anxiety

All the best :hugs:

Cakelady
11-04-17, 13:19
I've had that on & off for as long as I can remember, even as a child. Panics me when it happens even now, I hate the way you can't move & feel like you are suffocating. I find as soon as I can somehow move one part of my body ( a hand or foot) it suddenly stops & I feel normal again. I think it is just sleep paralysis like Clydesdale Epona said. Its horrible but I would try not to worry about it . Take care xx