PDA

View Full Version : So fed up feeling like this

Emmaisworried
11-04-17, 12:30
Hello

Have been suffering from health anxiety properly since October. I think is a response to my little girls health issues - the doctor and my mental health nurse tell me it's post traumatic stress anxiety.

I have one health 'scare' after another and I am sick of it. I am sick living with this anxiety. I have two gorgeous kids, a wonderful husband, a good job, good friends.

Why can't I enjoy all of these instead of worrying all the time?

Have had a really bad morning - pains in my feet and ankles. When I sit and breath they aren't there. So not sure if it's anxiety or somthing else as have had them before. Have convinced myself it's somthing awful anyway.

---------- Post added at 12:30 ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 ----------

I meant to add my little girl has gone through anaphylaxis and also a brain harmmorage and that's where my anxiety seems to stem from

swajj
11-04-17, 13:10
Having a child who is anaphylactic would be stressful for any parent. I have an anaphylactic child in my class. I have his Epi-Pen in my desk draw. I'm sure you have an Epi-Pen and you know how effective they are so you have the tools you need to deal with it. You would benefit from seeing a counsellor.

Emmaisworried
11-04-17, 13:52
We ee have epipens and have had them for many years. There is always low level anxiety
When you have a child with severe allergies - I think that's quite normal. I think her then having a brain harmmorage and being so unwell tipped me over the edge! And than having a close family member diagnosed with a serious illness too.

I am seeing a MH nurse just now for CBT.

Just so sick of it all. It's exhausting and I get so angry at myself

swajj
11-04-17, 14:44
It is exhausting. But CBT is fantastic. Not sure I understand you correctly though. Is the nurse setting you up with a counsellor?

Mav
11-04-17, 15:48
I'm sick and tired of it. I have so many other stressed and this one takes over the most. I am so exhausted.

Emmaisworried
11-04-17, 16:44
I see the nurse for CBT as opposed to a counsellor

---------- Post added at 16:44 ---------- Previous post was at 16:18 ----------

This weekend my legs have been sore - my feet and ankles too. I'm not sure if that's made me anxious or whether the anxiety has made them sore.